I'm currently shopping for a new guitar, preferably an Acoustic-electric. I'd also be getting an amp and be playing mostly electric so I figured this would be the place to post it.

I'm a beginner at guitar, and I'm looking for something relatively cheap, but pretty decent in terms of quality. I appreciate links to guitars so I can look over them myself. Finish is a second term for me, I mostly care about the quality of sound it produces and if it's just a plain good guitar.

Thanks to everyone in advance =D.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
hmm, how much are you willing to spend? that would help us, help you.

For a decent guitar, it's going to be around 400-500$ range, unless you look for something used.

what style do you play? or plan on playing?
well I think that this cualifies as either acoustic, or gear forum...but anyways, what is your budget?

edit: dang it he beat me to it.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I'm definitely a fan of buying a straight acoustic without pickups and adding an aftermarket pickup later.

The pickups in cheaper acoustic/electric guitars suck ass.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
hmm, i think it would be realy hard to suck on an ass.... just a thought
ok back to topic....heres one i wanted to get for about 300, and you can spend the rest on an amp ...a fender accoustic electric...here
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-CD140SCE-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=517574
and for amp...idk, for an accoustic electic i doubt you world rarely ever need an amp unless you plan on gigging or somehting
I'd say $550 tops it, I like to play blues and classical rock really.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

What's your favorite body type?

This Alvarez AJ60SC might be up your alley.

EDIT: Wait. Do you want an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, an acoustic/electric, or an electric/acoustic hybrid?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
What's your favorite body type?

This Alvarez AJ60SC might be up your alley.

EDIT: Wait. Do you want an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, an acoustic/electric, or an electric/acoustic hybrid?

I was hoping for an acoustic/electric or an electric/acoustic, as I stated before, I'm a beginner, so excuse the ignorance of this question...

What's the difference?
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by isuckhardcore
I was hoping for an acoustic/electric or an electric/acoustic, as I stated before, I'm a beginner, so excuse the ignorance of this question...

What's the difference?

Acoustic/Electrics are acoustic guitars with a piezo/microphone pickup so you can plug into a PA/Acoustic Amp.

Electric/Acoustic (or Hybrid) guitars are electric guitars with piezo bridges and usually stereo outputs so you can have an electric signal and an acoustic signal.
Quote by utsapp89
I'm looking for an acoustic-electric.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Talman-TCM50-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=519726

I've been checking out that guitar, it has some nice reviews and it's at a rather decent price. Thoughts?
Quote by SmElLy KiD

I still think there's some confusion over what kind of guitar is actually required here.

Do you want an acoustic guitar that can be amplified for use at gigs or with a band? Because if not there's no reason whatsoever to buy an electro-acoustic! If that's what you mean, the best cheap acoustic is probably the Crafter D6/N, which I highly recommend. If you ever want to plug it into a PA or acoustic amp, you can fit a soundhole pickup to it quite easily and this gives a pretty decent amplified tone.
I'm currently shopping for a new guitar, preferably an Acoustic-electric. I'd also be getting an amp and be playing mostly electric so I figured this would be the place to post it
If you'll be play mainly electric, you buy an electric guitar. An electro-acoustic is not a compromise between the two, it's simply an acoustic that can be amplified.

There are also some electric guitars which aim to give acoustic-type tones from a special bridge using piezo transducers, but they're only useful in a band context where you need the occasional acoustic-esque tone. The cheapest i can think of in this vein is Crafter's Slim Arch, which is a blatant (but half-decent) copy of Taylor's groundbreaking T5 model.
Well you've definitely had the most productive post. What I want is an acoustic guitar, but electric accessibility if I wanted it. On top of that, most of the places I would play have no way of hooking up an amp anyways, so I'd like to have an acoustic guitar on hand, but ya know, if I feel like it, hook it up.
Quote by SmElLy KiD