So uhm, Christmas is coming up and I'm looking for a present to ask for and I was thinking of the Zune... I don't really want an iPod because I'm borrowing my friends and it's kind of slow, the battery dies fast, and the EQ isn't the best... How does the Zune compare to this AND...

I just looked on the site including Canadian Best Buy, and I couldn't find a retailer in Canada..

I live in central Canada, is there a way for me to get one here without ordering it?
Whats a Zune?
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Zune - Orwellian iPod.

All the DRM included in the firmware doesn't let you do anything. The hardware is nice, but Apple makes a better product. A lot of people love Creative Zens though, maybe you should look in to those.

Me, I love my iPod. I got it 2 years ago and it's still running great. I don't use iTunes firmware though, Rockbox is what you want.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
are you guys serious, ipods are way better for only one reason, the zune has way to much drm. but if you really want a zune go here http://www.woot.com/ but be carefull this website changes the item every night at 12 eastern time. so if you want one get it today.

P.s. this is a pretty good deal and this web site rocks and is secure
Hmm... Does anyone know if you can get them in Canada, if so what stores? Because it would nice to go down a take a look at one..
Its cool but it has like no features. All you can do is listen to music and watch movies, nothing else. Where an Ipod can be made into a Linux computer and you could play all sorts of ****. But a zune is a quality mp4 player if thats what you need.

Edit- AAron what the **** is that!!! 84$!!!
Why? Have you checked around? Because if you did you would have seen the beast that is the Samsung P2. How can you compete with something thats an iPod touch killer, with bluetooth, video, streamable podcasts, and 100 bucks less?

Not to mention it turns into an iPhone if you have bluetooth on your phone.
Quote by AthenasGhost
Hmm... Does anyone know if you can get them in Canada, if so what stores? Because it would nice to go down a take a look at one..

They used to sell at Futureshop... I haven't seen them around in a while though. Maybe us Canadians are just smart enough not to buy that crap.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Metallica rulz
Its cool but it has like no features. All you can do is listen to music and watch movies, nothing else. Where an Ipod can be made into a Linux computer and you could play all sorts of ****. But a zune is a quality mp4 player if thats what you need.

Edit- AAron what the **** is that!!! 84$!!!

yeah i know its a good site, there like 100+ everywhere else
well you could order it online...
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
Zune batteries are no better than an iPods.

Zune has a better interface, methinks, but I love my iPod because it doesn't just refuse to work like the Zunes I have seen in my friends' hands. The better interface doesn't make the choice worth it, IMO.
Looking for my India/Django.
buy.com has the brown 30 gig one for $99... that's a steal if you ask me... specially if you compare it in price to a similarly sized ipod...

creative labs is the best though imo
I've had my Zune for about 8 months, and I couldnt be happier honesty, I just wish it played animated images, but hey we cant have everything we want.
Creative Zen kicks them all to the curb. I love my Zen Vision M.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Basically, Zunes suck. The firmware is terrible. Either get an iPod or a Zen.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
I have a sansa and I like it. They have a bigger model that's sort of like a zune, maybe you should look into that.
Quote by aaron6890
are you guys serious, ipods are way better for only one reason, the zune has way to much drm. but if you really want a zune go here http://www.woot.com/ but be carefull this website changes the item every night at 12 eastern time. so if you want one get it today.

P.s. this is a pretty good deal and this web site rocks and is secure

Apple encodes the music you buy from them (unless you crack it) so that you cannot play it on any other media player/mp3 player.
I was thinking about getting a Zune, but I used to have a really nice zen that lasted me about two years. Using my friends zune made me not like the way its set up and such so I think im going for a zen. Theyre worth checking out.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
Quote by aaron6890
not if you just rip the drm off like i do or pay the extra 50 cents for the drm free songs!

As I said, you can crack the songs, but it is illegal.
iPods > Zunes
Creative Zen Players > Zunes

I'm not sure how the iPod compares to the newest Zen players, but my iPod has been sturdy and I've been 100% satisfied with it. Satisfied enough to buy an iPhone.
BTW, just so you know, DRM is not an Apple or a Microsoft thing, it's a record-label thing. They're forcing it on the stores so that they can protect profits... which is bull.

Steve Jobs has stated that he thinks the best thing for the consumer and the industry (because people will buy it if it's not bull****) is to have DRM-free audio files that work on any MP3 player.
Quote by aaron6890
yeah i know but i like to think of it as civil disobedience, you know not obeying unjust laws.

I think the speed limits are unjust.

U C WHUT I DID THAR?
Do AAC files work on other players besides the iPod.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by aaron6890
yeah i see very clever, but they protect people from others i dont see how this is protecting me from anything, i could argue this all day but i dont feel like so for the sake of the thread "you're right"

Now I'm right.
i dont know, but Radio Shack is gonna have the 30gb on sale for $99 here in the US on black friday, which is the day after thanksgiving here in the US. in other words on November 23.

i might get one, even though i have an ipod. $99 is a good deal.