http://www.washburn.com/products/electrics/idol/wi14.aspx#

Is this a decent guitar? I love the paint jobs and unique body shape on Washburns, and this price is tough to pass up. I play mostly indie and alternative, so I need something that can handle a good deal of distortion but also pulls off good cleans. I figure that if it doesn't work too well I can replace the pickups, considering how inexpensive the guitar is. Suggestions?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Don't buy guitars that say they have "Hardwood bodies".
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I was a bit wary of that.. it doesn't matter much to me what the wood is. I have possibly the cheapest guitar on the planet and although it sounds great, I still have no idea what it's made out of. I suppose that is a bit ignorant.. but it sounds good, so whatever.

EDIT: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/washburn/wi14/index.html
This review says it's mahogany.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

I'd suggest buying a new amp.

There are guitars in the price range that don't suck .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I just bought a new Line 6 Spider III.. and it sounds fantastic with my friend's LP. I had figured this guitar would be similar with the right pickups.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

i had that guitar for my first guitar

It wasn't terrible for a beginner guitar, but you can just buy a separate guitar and amp for a little more money that would be a lot better

Pros-Humbuckers, the guitar was light, It sounded okay

Cons-The tone and volume knobs broke rather easily
hmm.. well I like the tone I get with the amp using my current guitar. I'm probably going to try this guitar out at a store and see what happens. There's just such a gap between this one and the really high-end washburns, which I know are spectacular guitars.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

well anything is an upgrade from my current guitar, and I'm on a serious budget. What guitar would be better?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣