I got an IRS tax refund email, that said I could get a tax refund of 99 dollars or something like that. It had a link for the forms so I clicked it, and it looked just like the IRS website, except the url address was a russian website and it wasn't even the IRS's website. Is this some sort of scam or something?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
That's weird because the email address it was like taxrefund@irs.gov.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
No, it's the Russians being clever, except for the Russian URL thing, that's a giveaway.
Quote by jimmyjimjim
No, it's the Russians being clever, except for the Russian URL thing, that's a giveaway.

Yeah, they need to work on their interwebz skillz.

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I got an IRS tax refund email, that said I could get a tax refund of 99 dollars or something like that. It had a link for the forms so I clicked it, and it looked just like the IRS website, except the url address was a russian website and it wasn't even the IRS's website. Is this some sort of scam or something?

Also, never fill that form out. Ever ever ever.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Yeah, I didn't fill it out.

Tell the IRS about it. Seriously, some old person who isn't as perceptive as you is getting ripped off right now.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
thats a good idea. I'll send them an email about it.

edit: and sent.

Last edited by IMABBALLPLAYER at Nov 12, 2007,