Quote by TheShred201
probably a bartonendue to the added string tension from the longer scale. You could always get an extended scale 7 string though

lol may as well buy a bass then lol!
Seeing as how they have the same low range, this question doesn't make much sense.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Seeing as how they have the same low range, this question doesn't make much sense.

it does you are just struggling with it
7 strings are for range. A baritone is for added tension/drop tuning.
They are fundamentally different and can be combined into one concept.

For example, on a 7 string, you get the extra range, whereas on a baritone you can tune to lets say B standard, but you'd lose the high E string.

Now a combination of both is awesome like schecter or agile do
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by kriscornella2@g
lol may as well buy a bass then lol!

not really, unless you start using huge strings and get like a 30"+ 7, the sound is different enough to be worth it
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by EEF13
you cant play solos on a baritone

Wrong. Not every solo exists only above the 12th fret.

Secondly, as to which is better, it depends on you and your hand shape. They both sound fundamentally different, the Baritone sounds absolutely huge, and the 7 string sounds like a 6 string with an extra low string. You are more versitile on a 7 string than on a baritone.

I would personally go for a 7 string, because they are comfortable for my huge hands.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
it does you are just struggling with it

You asked which is better for low stuff, and they hit the same low notes (assuming standard tuning), which makes them exactly equal.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
You asked which is better for low stuff, and they hit the same low notes (assuming standard tuning), which makes them exactly equal.

No they don't hit the same low note.

Let me put it this way. using gauge ten strings on a 7 string is like tuning to B standard with a set of 13s on a 6 string while kepping the 10 for the high E.
So lets say a 7 string is the same as a 6 with 13s on, the low B gets really floppy making it hard to go lower.

With the same gauge, a baritone can go even lower, but you lose the high notes.

A baritone lets you go low while a 7 string gives you range. Very different. Now if you had a 7 string baritone, you could experiment with tunings and do both. And on a baritone if you tune in 5ths you could do the same stuff as on an 8 string.

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350