Hey how do you pick the song Cowboys from Hell? Do alternate or downpick it? It seems like it's impossible to do it, I don't know if Im suppose to first upstroke or not? Please I need help with the song especially the intro.

Thank you
Do you mean "Ghost Riders in the Sky"?

jk of course.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
lol ive heard that joke a few times.

but ummm well the intro id alternate pick and the solo i cant play really so im not in a position to give advice about it
MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:
"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"
The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Dimebag alternate picked it but his picking technique was awesome so you might want to try the upstroke thing.

You do mean the main riff right?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by guitarnoize
I've never tried but I imagine it would be alternate picked, you are going to end up with some serious tendon pain if you downpick it! (and I'm talking about the intro riff, not the second riff)

Check out this video on jamplay it might answer your question!

There is an edit button you know.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Dimebag alternate picked it but his picking technique was awesome so you might want to try the upstroke thing.

You do mean the main riff right?

Yeah
this is one of the first songs i ever learned (long time ago) and yeah i do it alternately picking. its alot easier. practice makes perfect for pantera tunes.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Watch those dimebag clinic videos on youtube. He shows his technique and all that good stuff on those.
So on the first note, not the 0000000000 part, but the part that starts on the 12 fret do i downstroke or upstroke it, and also any tips for learning this song too? Thanks
when i had no teacher i downpicked it,but now that i have to alternate pick everything its a bitch for me.
The intro riff is alternate picked but the verse riff is all downpicked. The way I do the part I think you're talking about is I start on a downstroke on the 7th fret of the 5th string then go to the 5th fret of the 4th string and go from there. I actually think that he plays it on the 12th fret like you're talking about but my way is easier for me.
Quote by Bobbito315
The intro riff is alternate picked but the verse riff is all downpicked. The way I do the part I think you're talking about is I start on a downstroke on the 7th fret of the 5th string then go to the 5th fret of the 4th string and go from there. I actually think that he plays it on the 12th fret like you're talking about but my way is easier for me.

since im playing it at 12 fret can you show me picking motion like UDUD, something like that please?
This guy's got a good way of playing the riff, it's not quite how Dime used to play it but it's the right notes and it has none of the awkward picking of the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krd3UePxjFM

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.