hey UG,
i'm a complete recordong noob.i just thought about recording guitar 5 mins ago,because of a couple of reasons

1. i'm starting to write my own songs and would like to record some riffs.

2.it will do good to my overall guitar playing.

i really don't have any money right now,probably just about $30.would i be able to record guitar parts with just a cable that has 1/8" and 1/4" on either side of it and audacity. sound quality really doesn't have to be good just something that my ears would bear without bleeding. i just need the most basic knowledge of how i would do it.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
this is how i record:
guitar>amp>(from headphone jack on amp)microphone jack

you have to play with the volume levels to stop excessive distortion though. Also, I record through goldwave (look it up, its quite nice for editing songs, but then ive never used audacity so I can't compare)
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
would i be able to put it over a mp3 file(like a backing track) with audacity?and i just have laptop by the way,if that changes anything
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
how would i get my acoustica beatcraft files to audacity??would audacity be able to read beatcraft files?i don't think beatcraft can save it as mp3 files
Quote by Gunpowder
Last edited by pa3k_2414 at Nov 12, 2007,