Ive only had my Bass for 2 weeks, its a Ibanez SRX2EX1 4 string....
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SRX2EX1-4String-Bass?sku=514310

I know its early for me to even be thinking about moding my bass since i havent had it long, nor have i had the time to play it and get to know it. But i recently found out that my good friend that works with me has a friend that works for allparts, and hes leaving to live in Austin at the end of the month. He has offered to give use parts for very low prices, for example i can have a $100 brand new pickup for about $20! So my question is what simple mods should i do while i can take advantage of these prices? Also brand recommendations would be helpful, they guy is suggesting Razor brand pickup.
thanks guys
Get some Bartolinis and a few new pots and mail them to me. I'll Paypal you in return =D
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
make sure they are nice parts, i've never heard of razor pickups

but if you wanted to besides pickups, you can get a new bridge, a thumb rest, a ramp, a nicer nut, some strap locks, knobs, or tuners

some of that stuff is only cosmetic, (the knobs) some of the stuff is for comfort (thumbrest, strap locks) and some of it well improve the sound of the bass (the pickups might sound nicer, the bridger could give it better sustain and intonation, the tuners could help keep it in tune better) those are basic upgrades you could do that aren't that difficult

just curious is this your first bass? i played it once and really liked it, although i thought the tone was a little lacking, it was really comfortable, with the thumb rest on the pickup, and the white one was really sexy
The four biggest mods in order of importance are pickups, bridge, electronics and tuners. I'm not sure who makes good humbuckers, but I've heard only good things about Bartoloni's. As for bridges, it's hard to say, most will say badass II but if it's not a Fender it might not fit. So I'm not sure what bridge to do. As for electronics, again, I'm not a huge electronics guru, but have heard so things about Auderes. As for tuners, your best bets are with Schaller, or Hipshot.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
The four biggest mods in order of importance are pickups, bridge, electronics and tuners. I'm not sure who makes good humbuckers, but I've heard only good things about Bartoloni's. As for bridges, it's hard to say, most will say badass II but if it's not a Fender it might not fit. So I'm not sure what bridge to do. As for electronics, again, I'm not a huge electronics guru, but have heard so things about Auderes. As for tuners, your best bets are with Schaller, or Hipshot.

agree for the most part, although i personally prefer EMG pickups, though barts are very nice, pretty much if the equipment he is selling isn't this equipment, it probably won't be much nicer than the stock stuff you have on your ibanez
zar-yes, this is my first bass(i have the white one), the reason i bought it was cause it feels good in my arms, very comfortable and yes, it is sexy!!.
www.allparts.com is there site.
Ill have to look into some of the parts
Quote by Wasabi User
zar-yes, this is my first bass(i have the white one), the reason i bought it was cause it feels good in my arms, very comfortable and yes, it is sexy!!.
www.allparts.com is there site.
Ill have to look into some of the parts

nice!

just make sure you get the higher quality stuff, that website has some nice products, and some stuff that looks not so nice, again not really sure about it

with the bridge look out for Schaller, hipshot
with the Pickups i didn't notice any brand names on there to so i can't really recommend any
with tuners hipshot, gotoh

those three things will effect your bass the most, other than that most of the other upgrades you coud do, a nut, knobs, thumbrest, straplocks, can affect mostly just cosmetic or playability, not sound, so you should be fine with whatever you think looks nicer (although sometimes a nut can help the bass sound clearer, if you get a brass, graphite or bone one)

overall it sounds like a good deal, let us know how much you save
paint a monkey on it.
not much of a mod, but it would be really cool.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom