Lately ive been contemplating buying a body and a neck, and building my own guitar. But my question is about a bridge. I cant decide on which bridge to pick out for it. My current guitar has a Original Floyd Rose and it stays in tune perfectly. I guess my real question is are there ways to keep a fender tremolo system in tune easily or is it best just to go with the Floyd rose?
How much are you going to use the trem?

Locking Tuners and a roller nut are good for keeping a traditional trem in tune.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Graphite/Roller nut, locking tuners, Hipshot tremsetter. That should just about do it.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
locking tuners and a roller nut will keep a Fender tremolo in tune quite well as long as your not abusing the thing. and Fender tremolo systems aren't meant for abusing, just vibrato.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i dont know what you mean by abusing it. im asuming divebombs would be out of the question? I dont use it that much but i use it for vibrato and the occasional divebomb.
Although a completely unrelated question, rather than creating a new thread, is it possible to angle pickups even if the routing isnt specifically intended to?
Quote by JoeK1984
Although a completely unrelated question, rather than creating a new thread, is it possible to angle pickups even if the routing isnt specifically intended to?

You'd have to rout it yourself?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Fender Vintage trem system's aren't going to stay in tune the greatest, even with a graphite/roller nut, roller saddles, and locking tuners. A Wilkinson trem though, with a graphite nut and locking tuners, can take a great deal of abuse, but not EVH or Dimebag type stuff like an OFR can.
Thanks i guess im looking at a OFR now it can take what i give it now so i know they work fine.