That I never learned the staple guitar songs...Stairway, Smoke on the Water, Iron Man?

I mean, I could probably play them, I just never bothered to learn them.

Whadya think?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Well Stairway to Heaven can help you improve finger picking and changing chords. I don't really see the point in the other two there. Ha
thats a good thing

and on another note, where do you get your Pillows tab and if you listen to Asian Kung-fu Generation where can you find thoes too?

i never see any on here that are correct and google never gives me much
Ive been playing for a good 3 years or more, and just now picked up Stairway. Its actually really easy if u kno how to barre, finger pick, and do arpeggios. Its not a bad thing tho. Unless u hang out with a bunch of really new guitar players. Then ur pretty much forced to teach them stuff (me). Not fun.
Alright thanks guys.

Quote by makuserusukotto
thats a good thing

and on another note, where do you get your Pillows tab and if you listen to Asian Kung-fu Generation where can you find thoes too?

i never see any on here that are correct and google never gives me much

Well, for pillows, there are like 100 on here. Also, www.pirouzu.net has a great tab section and forum. I also own both bandscores which I imported from Japan, hopefully I'll be getting the third for christmas.

For AKFG, www.ajikan.24ji.net has scans of the bandscores, and UG has like 20, mainly guitar pro files though. I hope to get the songbook for chirstmas as well.

Glad to see another fan.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by Metallica rulz
Its not like some guy is gonna come over to your house and kick you in the nuts for not knowing these songs. If you dont like them, dont bother learning them.

....or maybe I will

I laughed. I just thought what if that really happened? The doorbell rang and this guy was at the door with a list of songs i didnt know, and kicked me in the gonads. My dad would be like.....you should have known those songs boy..........
No, it doesn't really matter. I learned them and practiced them for about 3 days, but now I'll only play them when I have someone over at my house. You know, the person that expects you to know Smoke on the Water just because you have a guitar. That's basically why I learned them. I did it early, and if someone wants to hear one of those songs, I can please them, but I have better songs to practice on my time.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Yeah really... who cares? Learn what you love and you'll enjoy the guitar more. So if you like Led, go and learn Stairway. But don't let some social convention tell you what to do..
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler
I didnt learn Stairway till a while ago. My guitar Teacher gave me THis really odd Look like i had some Pulsing Fetus on my face when i told him i didnt Know Stairway
yea i personally get rly bored learning songs. i mean im not that amazing, but im decent, and i kno i have the ability to get some of them (idk about the stairway solo) but i much rather do my own thing
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I don't know any of those songs.

If someone asked me to play them, i'd tell them.....NO!

If you don't wanna play them, don't. Learn songs you like to play, might aswell make it enjoyable.
I don't know those songs either, I find them annoying
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
learn My Fears Have Become Phobias by ABRB, its a staple in my musical community.
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus