Page 1 of 4
Which band would you guys say has the most technical music? A lot of classical composers had extremely technical music, but I'm interested in bands you think are technical, not composers. IMO it would probably be Necrophagist. Psyopus, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Dream Theater, and Wintersun come close.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
tool?
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Dream Theater, for sure. I have yet to hear a more technical band.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Necrophagist out of those you listed right there. Oh, gorguts, during the Obscura era. If I could think back to any talented fusion bands, I would, but I can't remember. Fusion and Tech death are generally going to be the mainstay for technicality id say. could be wrong.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
dream theater, dragonforce, and ynwgie malmsteens rising force or some thing like that

although i dont listen to any of them........

Jack my swag
Isn't Dragonforce the one that's supposed to have recorded some of the riffs at a low speed, then sped it up to fit the song?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

+1 dragon force....too bad they suck major garbage...damn good though

actually vote goes to the grateful dead
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Either Dream Theater, Tool or Rush.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Spastic Ink and Spiral Architect pretty much blow every band I know of out of the water. Which includes all the bands already listed.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Last edited by Godly Moose at Nov 12, 2007,
Quote by SteveHouse
Isn't Dragonforce the one that's supposed to have recorded some of the riffs at a low speed, then sped it up to fit the song?

They can play all the riffs up to speed live, so I highly doubt it.

As for technicality, I'd say Dream Theater or Necrophagist.
Necrophagist, Dream theater, Meshuggah.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
MASTODON
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by MrFluffBall
i'd say Necrophagist and Dragon Force....but Dragon Force kinda....um...sucks....

another one jumps on the ol' trend wagon
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by Godly Moose
Spastic Ink and Spiral Architect pretty much blow every band I know of out of the water. Which includes all the bands already listed.

+1 for Spastic Ink, I would like to see anybody even try to play any material from the Jarzombek brothers. Blotted Science is another of Ron's projects that is well worth checking out.
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
another one jumps on the ol' trend wagon

Dude...DragonForce sounds like they'd be the background music on a Sonic The Hedgehog game....
Between the Buried and Me...

I mean, probably not the most technical by far, but they do have some really technical stuff, plus their constant switch between styles of playing. I'd say they deserve a spot under the technical light.
Quote by Godly Moose

Spastic Ink is incredibly technical, but I don't think they blow Necrophagist or Psyopus out of the water.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Protest the Hero and The Black Dhalia Murder

But I can't say for sure because I've never heard a song from ether of these guys! Can someone confirm / disaffirm this for me?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
what do you mean by technical?

for dream theater, their songs are really long, and have lots of parts, but is it really that "technical"? i mean, a 10 minute song will have a load of guitar parts, that all are different, and takes forever to memorize, and lotsof keyboards and effects etc, but it is "technical"?
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
Quote by mr moustache
what do you mean by technical?

for dream theater, their songs are really long, and have lots of parts, but is it really that "technical"? i mean, a 10 minute song will have a load of guitar parts, that all are different, and takes forever to memorize, and lotsof keyboards and effects etc, but it is "technical"?

I know of a song that is an hour long and is practically only 3 power chords. Doesn't make it technical.
Quote by Guitarislife125
I know of a song that is an hour long and is practically only 3 power chords. Doesn't make it technical.

oh, no, i meant a 10 minute long dream theater song.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
Quote by Mumbo Jumbo
Pink Floyd maybe?
Although I do enjoy their music a great deal, technically speaking, the musicians in that band were not of extremely notable skill in their instruments, which, I think, has made their fame largely based on the compositional talents, rather than the ability to impress people, which I find to be very admirable.
i agree with BTBAM. Those people amaze me as musicians.
Originally posted by V12prowler
u could use a blowtorch and a fetus
HASNT ANYONE EVER HEARD OF FREAKING BETWEEN THE BURIED ANE ME!!!!!!!!!............best instrumental band if u ask me.
Quote by SG5533
HASNT ANYONE EVER HEARD OF FREAKING BETWEEN THE BURIED ANE ME!!!!!!!!!............best instrumental band if u ask me.

Well, if you had read through, you'd have seen that there are already 2 posts about them, 1 of them being mine. So let's calm down a bit.
Quote by I_I
Well, if you had read through, you'd have seen that there are already 2 posts about them, 1 of them being mine. So let's calm down a bit.

My Bad...
Dream Theater
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by tremeloud
tool?

+1000000000
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Quote by Chikitty_China
F.O.B anyone?

I thought about FOB.

But I decided they lose to the Plain White T's.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 4