so does the schecter omen 6 suck alot?

and can ppl reccomend guitars in the 3-400$ price range for me to try out, and no epiphones or ebay suggestions
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
The Schecter Omen6 is pretty good. What kind of music do you play?

You need a new amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The Schecter Gryphon has been amazing for me, for $400.

But, get a new amp before you get a new guitar. Anything will sound like **** on a trashy amp like that.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
unfortunately for you, Epiphone's are probably your best bet for the price range.
or a lower-end Ibanez if you play A7X style music alot.
omen 6's are good, if youre looking for 300-400 theres some better though.

for metal:

schecter damien:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Damien-6-Electric-Guitar?sku=513102

esp alexi 200:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Alexi-Laiho200-Electric-Guitar?sku=512896

i dont really know too much about other guitars around that price range, I've been looking at guitars that are for metal almost exclusively.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

... wow...
i play alternative like paramore or metal like atreyu or avenged sevenfold.

i dont need a better amp or anything. i know i could get a better amp and stuff, but it gets the job done. its not like im in a band or anything, i just like playing songs i like. i desperately want a decent guitar that plays better then my squier and has humbuckers. i have like, 550$, but i wanna save at least 100 for more lessons and stuff
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by Selman
I played my friends Schecter Omen, it made me hate ALL Shecter guitars.

the same thing happened to me when i played my friend's peavy guitar. i dont trust peavy for anything anymore
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by used123
omen 6's are good, if youre looking for 300-400 theres some better though.

for metal:

schecter damien:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Damien-6-Electric-Guitar?sku=513102

esp alexi 200:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Alexi-Laiho200-Electric-Guitar?sku=512896

i dont really know too much about other guitars around that price range, I've been looking at guitars that are for metal almost exclusively.

i may be getting the damien. i played it a couple months ago and liekd it alot. as for the alexi... i dont want a trem if i can help it and i wouldnt want 1 p-up. thanks tho

part of me problem is i can never make up my mind as to what im gonna get. the guitar i like is too much, and im not ready to spend 600$ on a guitar. i know im commited enough its just talent-wise, im not ready to buy a 600$ guitar... for months ive been going from guitar to guitar.... just look at all the threads ive started about it
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Last edited by seizetheday1103 at Nov 12, 2007,
Dude... amp, no matter what guitar you use, your tone is going to suck ass.

spend $400 on an amp before a guitar. I know first hand.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
If you play stuff like that.. Damien. For the price it's great, I've played it and it feels almost as good as playing my Classic. That or the Gryphon, because that is just a kickass guitar.
I hate people. Especially black people.
Last edited by prunejuiceman74 at Nov 12, 2007,
dude, i was in guitar center messin around with a few guitars, ran into this baby... sounded good with everything i play, a7x/trivium/megadeth.. such an amazing guitar, u gotta try it out. if anyone says this guitar sucks its just because they probably suck at playin guitar. thats my opinion.. im usin a ibanez starter amp lmfao but still, the sound is incredible on this guitar for the price. easily the best investment i EVER made in my life. dont let anyone steer you wrong , cept for me lol
the omen 6 sucks.... I've played my buddie's omen 6 before and its gotta be one of the crappiest guitars for the money ive ever played... Look into Ibanez and ESP.
lol omen6 sucks? what a ****in ******. "look into ibanez" yea, look into those stiff piece of shit cheap mynameistheonlyreasonpeopleplayme guitars.