Sorry, wasn't sure whether I should post this in the Electric Guitar forum or here, but it has more to do with parts and stuff so I put it here.
Basically, I got a Classic Series '60s Custom Telecaster with Bigsby(http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-60s-Custom-Tele-Guitar-with-Bigsby?sku=515123), and the bridge is missing the things that go on the sides of it to keep it from coming out. I took it to a local guitar place and they said they can't even put strings on it unless they have them. I've been doing a little looking around on parts sites and stuff, but I kinda need to know which Bigsby it is on that guitar. Does anyone know the actual name of that Bigsby model? Or anyone know where I could find those things that go on the side to keep the bridge in, or what they're called even?
BC Rich Mocking bird
Ibanez Artcore
Epiphone LP JR customized
80's Vantage
Takamine 12 String
Ibanez Bass
Washburn Bass
Marshall JCM900
Marshall 1960a 4x12 with 75's
Acoustic 150
Line 6 POD
Boss OC-2
Heil Talk box
Woah thanks a ton. But before I email him, could you tell me what the name of those specific two little things is, so he knows exactly what I'm talking about haha. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, it's the two things that go into the small holes on the sides of the bridge.
Last edited by ZeldaFreak at Nov 12, 2007,
i do not know what they are called but explain it to that person and i am sure they'll know...they are a parts dealer
BC Rich Mocking bird
Ibanez Artcore
Epiphone LP JR customized
80's Vantage
Takamine 12 String
Ibanez Bass
Washburn Bass
Marshall JCM900
Marshall 1960a 4x12 with 75's
Acoustic 150
Line 6 POD
Boss OC-2
Heil Talk box
Okay, I've found out the bridge that's used in that kit is the bridge in Jaguars/Jazzmaster. Now, the thing is I'm trying to find out is, is there even anything that goes into the two holes on the sides? In all the pictures of bridges being sold I've found, there doesn't seem to be anything in there. But then again, what keeps the bridge from just falling off the bridge plate?
The guys at my local music store said the pieces that go in there are for adjusting the height of the bridge, so are these it?
http://elderly.com/accessories/items/FP4928.htm