Page 1 of 2
Why are people so stupid?? Why is being "popular" the only thing that matters to anyone?? Why can't people be themselves??? why is the world so ****ed up?? why does everyone listen to gangster rap??? why??
Why did you make a thread dedicated just to this?? Why don't you realize that once you get out of high school, it doesn't matter anymore?? Why do you let it affect you?? Why don't you just live your life and let those people live theirs??? Because they will eventually realize it doesn't matter. Why????????
Ummm...your telling a guitar forum that everyone listens to gangster rap...
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
I just want to meet some people that have their own opinions on things. Everyone just agrees with what is "cool".
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
Quote by Guitarislife125
It's a little thing called conformity, and without it, we wouldn't be at this current level of society.

What does that even mean?
some of it is human nature
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by FireandFlames
Why did you make a thread dedicated just to this?? Why don't you realize that once you get out of high school, it doesn't matter anymore?? Why do you let it affect you?? Why don't you just live your life and let those people live theirs??? Because they will eventually realize it doesn't matter. Why????????

Umm, no! it does matter. just like Bowling For Soup says, high school never ends

And also I dont think it is even technically gangsta rap, idk I am not an expert at rap classification.
A band of my very own:

Pyknic
Theory on this:
Fear. Yes, fear.

Let's go back, way back to the time of cavemen. Now these cavemen have little trouble getting around in groups to actually survive. However alone, well... those mammoths will ****ing chop your ****ing head of your ****ing neck.

Alone=bad.
Solidarity=good.

UG Private Poker Room

UG Poker Group
Join it

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
Hahaha dude forget about high school. It's so unimportant. The other day I saw a guy wearing a Porcupine Tree shirt at the University. Earlier on I saw one of my fellow classical guitar students playing "Discipline" by King Crimson in the park. Some people just take a while longer to develop their own personalities and tastes.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
they are stupid, but at least they learn

and TS you're stupid because you got to learn that everyone has different music taste, even if they DO like gangsta rap

no im not a fan of gangsta rap
Quote by Incardito
Theory on this:
Fear. Yes, fear.

Let's go back, way back to the time of cavemen. Now these cavemen have little trouble getting around in groups to actually survive. However alone, well... those mammoths will ****ing chop your ****ing head of your ****ing neck.

Alone=bad.
Solidarity=good.

My teachers always told me that repetition is a good technique to use in my writing. your repetition of the word "****ing" is brilliant.
Quote by kyle100
Ummm...your telling a guitar forum that everyone listens to gangster rap...

kudos brother... kudos.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
k....
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Because you're in high school and high school kids are immature.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by Zephyyr

you sir, Mr. Zephyyr, have just freaking won.

/Thread, as 42 is the answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything.
Quote by SkyValley
Hahaha dude forget about high school. It's so unimportant. The other day I saw a guy wearing a Porcupine Tree shirt at the University. Earlier on I saw one of my fellow classical guitar students playing "Discipline" by King Crimson in the park. Some people just take a while longer to develop their own personalities and tastes.

I love you man. I'm a freshman in highschool and i feel completely lost...i wear PT and KC shirts all the time, but noone even knows who they are ... I don't think there is one freshman that has similar interests as me... Most of them are all the same: listen to the same music, where the same type of cloths. But seriously, im going to be in high school for 4 years. It's not like I can't just ignore it. I just wish people would be more open minded...
So in your assessment people that listen to gangster rap are stupid and popular. I don't know anyone that listens to gangster rap. That takes care of popular. Your favorite genre?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
^ Dude... You're just proving my point...Yes, I have friends. What does that have to do with anything? You're just proving my point that most people think popularity is everything
Don't let that shit get you down. There's a lot of life to live outside of highschool and gangster rap isn't as bad as you think it is.

People that live by standards according to what is popular are hardly ever happy.
Quote by BlackerSabbath
What does that even mean?

I think what he's getting at is that without groups coming together and conforming to each others ideas early humans would not have shared technology, which is why they developed more advanced languages (when some guy made a special sharpened rock just to cut flesh efficiently he had to communicate with others how to use it and why it is a better tool than the all-purpose sharpened rock they used before). With more sharing of tech. and better ways of communicating we ended up becoming what we are today. But that’s just a short/vague picture of it and I could just be completely wrong about what he meant, ****ed if I know.

But anyway, whatever is popular in high school now and days is because one too many kids in focus groups told a company that it was cool, so they market the hell out of it and make a bunch of money off of it until something new comes along for them to exploit and destroy. The strongest human fear is of rejection, so if one were to tell the whole world that something is cool, as long as it's believable people will bite, then it spreads and eventually burns it's self out.
^ Many I am open minded about everything I enjoy rap alot if it has good lyrics and a good beat. But, the **** that people think is "the new big song" usually consists of lyrics that barely make sense, and a beat that was used thousands of times before. It really isn't music at all. The only reason everyone like it is because it's "cool".
Quote by Frobot!

you sir, Mr. Zephyyr, have just freaking won.

/Thread, as 42 is the answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything.

Wrong. 42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question.

I doubt this is the Ultimate Question.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

if you think THATS bad listen to some FRENCH gansta rap O_O
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
Quote by PTfan
^ Many I am open minded about everything I enjoy rap alot if it has good lyrics and a good beat. But, the **** that people think is "the new big song" usually consists of lyrics that barely make sense, and a beat that was used thousands of times before. It really isn't music at all. The only reason everyone like it is because it's "cool".

Oh, yeah. I know what your talking about and it sucks.

Anyway, I'm a junior in high school. I've been in a lot of crowds. I've learned that a small group of good friends is the best thing in the world and all of that popularity bullshit isn't even worth thinking about. Just surround yourself with the people you like and do the things you like.
Quote by Arthur Curry
Oh, yeah. I know what your talking about and it sucks.

Anyway, I'm a junior in high school. I've been in a lot of crowds. I've learned that a small group of good friends is the best thing in the world and all of that popularity bullshit isn't even worth thinking about. Just surround yourself with the people you like and do the things you like.

I just wish I could find people that I like...
Quote by PaintOurSilence
Why not?

Pretty good answer actually....It's their life, let them be posers if they want...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
think about this........

maybe people LIKE gangster rap. get over it. it wouldn't be so popular if everyone hated it.

and also this....

maybe people are just MORE popular than you. get over that too.

/relatively short rant
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
From my perspective it's somewhat of a sociological/psychological level. People from a young age are brought up to strive for acceptance, such as playing with other children, trying to have many friends. I feel that a lot of people don't like being alone because it gives us time to reflect on our own flaws. And as society grows, we feel worse and worse about our own flaws and refuse to do anything to change them, so instead we gather. After all, with more people around it's harder to pick the flaws of just one person.

By no means am I saying that this is the way it is, it's just how I feel on things.
Quote by PTfan
Why are people so stupid?? Why is being "popular" the only thing that matters to anyone?? Why can't people be themselves??? why is the world so ****ed up?? why does everyone listen to gangster rap??? why??

Bullied much? @ you.
Page 1 of 2