hey pit,
So i basically have the ability to grow a full beard its just that most of the hair isnt darkly colored, a couple dozen actually are lol... i'm 16 btw and i think thats a factor, from personal experience does anyone know if shaving with help darken or thicken facial hair? any 2 cents is appreciated... this is a happy thread no lulzing at me or roflesin at me...
I hear shaving helps your bear grow faster or whatever... just keep shaving and pray it will grow darker.
You don't want a full beard of peach fuzz, dude.
Don't worry, I'm 20 and barely grow this patch of scraggly hair barely resembling a beard.
It's genetics.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
Let it grow for a really long time as a full beard. Then shave, its helps everything grow in better. Although you'll look like a hobo its worth it.

My brother taught me this and he actually was a hobo for about 2 years so he knows his ****.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Last edited by PaintOurSilence at Nov 12, 2007,
shaving will not help to darken/thicken, that is only a myth.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Nov 12, 2007,
Just keep shaving. It'll color eventually.

And for the record: full beard of peach fuzz=/=actuall manly full beard
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
shave, let it grow a bit, shave, let it grow a bit more, shave. shave. shave. shave. New hair will come in and it will be light, shave it off. repeat. Eventually it'll darken up and thicken up. The tricks is...

SHAVE. SHAVE OFTEN.
Yeah, if you shave, it comes in thicker.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
yep started shaving when i was 14 now i have a metal beard that most people would kill for

shave like 4 times a day, each time it will grow back the smallest imaginable bit and before long you will find yourself buying your mates booze.
Quote by Nor'Easterbass
alucardmik is actually from the outer rings of jupiter and likes to drink goat milk while rubbing his nipples counterclockwise. so i hear...
did some research:

Will shaving often increase my beard growth?

Answer:

Short answer: No! People get this impression because when you shave, the “ends” or points of the hairs become blunt instead of soft. So it feels rougher, but the growth is the same. The hair might look darker but it is only because the length is uniform.
One theory for the origin of the myth that shaving makes a beard grow faster is that humans perceive change by proportion.

For example: going from "zero" to half an inch in a month is really noticeable; adding a half an inch to a beard that's already (say) 2 inches long is a much less noticeable change.

In the first case, it's a "100%" proportional change, while in the second case, it's only a 25% change. So even if a beard is growing at a constant half an inch per month, it will *seem* to grow faster at the beginning and slow down as it gets longer, because the proportion of change is dropping.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
I don't know what some people say about this shaving often doesn't make it grow thicker or faster, but I've been having to shave 1 to 2 times a week since September because of wrestling and I have noticed it growing faster since I had to shave once a week at the beginning and now I have to twice a week to keep it unnoticeable.
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt
Shaving won't help you to darken or thicken your facial hair. It's a hormonal thing (the thickness is).
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
every time i shave i notice it coming in darker and more places. At first i just had it at the sideburn area, then the chin area/mustache area. Now its coming in everywhere and its slowly getting darker. I'm going for a goatee haha
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

every time i shave i notice it coming in darker and more places. At first i just had it at the sideburn area, then the chin area/mustache area. Now its coming in everywhere and its slowly getting darker. I'm going for a goatee haha
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Put maskara on your face. Nobody thinks that's uncool or anything. You'll have a sick stash or whatever.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
yeah, the more I shave, I notice that it grows back darker, a bit thicker, and in more places. but its also genetics. so u may just have to wait. ask your dad about how his grew when he was ur age.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Quote by pawnluv

It wont darken, it will thicken tho. Trust me. Ive been shaving since i was 14, im 19 now, i can have a respectable beard in two weeks of not shaving
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by wozzsta
yep started shaving when i was 14 now i have a metal beard that most people would kill for

you've got something on your shirt
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
I'll trade you some hair...my beard annoys me.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Blow Me
I'll trade you some hair...my beard annoys me.

you could shaaaaave....

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
you could shaaaaave....

I have way too much Irish in me. I could shave right now and have a shadow in a couple hours. My girlfriend's going to end up leaving me for baby-faced emo kid...

Will a blow torch help me?
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
you've got something on your shirt

that's gold.

On Topic: The myth that shaving more has already been spelled out in this thread..

Listen to pawnluv, he knows what he's talking about.
Quote by pawnluv

if that was true, every guy would have peach fuzz facial hair
I'm 17 and mine grows pretty well. my profile pic is about 3 and 1/2 weeks of growing
Quote by Blow Me
I have way too much Irish in me. I could shave right now and have a shadow in a couple hours. My girlfriend's going to end up leaving me for baby-faced emo kid...

Will a blow torch help me?

lets not overdo things. you could use a bic lighter ala neil fallon

Quote by Bladez22
Shit I just realized this thread was from 2007... Damn you google!!!

Quote by Kevin97220
if that was true, every guy would have peach fuzz facial hair

That makes no sense. It's a myth, the actual act of shaving does nothing to the hair except make it more uniform when it grows back. The myth was "busted" by many people, go google it.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
I;m 16. i get a pretty decent mustache..my chin/chops are weak as hell though.
i get like little pube hairs on my chin and my chops are..well not there.
I just started shaving my chops area around 3 weeks ago, ever week..so i know it'll take some work.

As for getting thicker/more hairs such as my chin.
I caught my friend with a bottle of prenatal vitamins in his car..because I saw him take a couple.
and i was like 'lolwut?"

is there any truth that it helps hair grow? and how many is a safe amount to take a day..