Ok, so I got my Ampeg BA115 Combo like 2 weeks ago. So far I've used it at 2 band practices with 2 guitarist, 2 vocalist, and a hard hitting drummer. The problem is while it's loud enough, it's only barely so. So if I get a nice preamp (something all tube) will it boost my volume and any recommendations if that's true. Also, I think the guy at GC gave me the wrong amp, but I can't take it back because my mom won't spend anymore money and I'm to broke to help her out on it.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by PunkRocker33133
I think the guy at GC gave me the wrong amp it.

How did that happen?

I don't know much about preamps, but if you guys use a mixer, Mic up your amp.

You must be playing very loud to overpower the 115.
Oh, ok but it's only 100w he was supposed to give me the 220w 115
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

Quote by PunkRocker33133
Oh, ok but it's only 100w he was supposed to give me the 220w 115

That sucks, Did you pay the price for the 100 W? because if you payed for the higher wattage one you should show them your receipt and take it back.
Yea, and I was wondering the entire time, because me and my mom had settled on 500 as my limit(it's my b-day present see) and I feel obliged to spend at least 450 but I only spent 350! so now I'm annoyed and now she lowered her limit when she saw how much it set her back.
Quote by thefitz

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

i use a tech 21 sans amp pre amp with my BA115. it increases the volume alot and adds to the tone. definatly look into it.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M