OK i am definitely considering getting a standard american HSS for Christmas.

the problem is id have to order it from my local shop in the next two weeks, and if i order it then i dont rly get any other gifts.

im not too amazing right now, but ive been playing a year and i kno i will be playing for the rest of my life. so would putting that much money in one thing be a worthy investment?

or should i get a lower end, buy an american later, and get other stuff for Christmas?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
if you know that you're gonna keep playing forever, then i dont see why you should not get it. id say go for it.
You've already got a Squier Fat Strat; don't buy a Fender Mexican one if you can go straight for an American.
Those go for around $1000 right? Its totally up to you, I'm having the same thoughts about buying a $2200 guitar. If you know you will be playing the rest of your life, go ahead and get it. It will inspire you to play more, and it is a good enough guitar for the rest of your life. Personally, when I had played 1 year I bought a $500 guitar. I've played over two years now and I'm considering an American strat, though my ultimate goal will be a $2200 JEM

Let me ask you this though: can you tell me the difference between an American and a Mexican HSS? I suggest you go to your local guitar store, they will likely have a mexican one, which will go for much cheaper than the American, but if you have a specific reason for getting the American, go ahead. As Bob Dylan once said:

"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
Quote by blue_strat
You've already got a Squier Fat Strat; don't buy a Fender Mexican one if you can go straight for an American.

ok, yea, ummm i said american dude
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by copet

Let me ask you this though: can you tell me the difference between an American and a Mexican HSS? I suggest you go to your local guitar store, they will likely have a mexican one, which will go for much cheaper than the American, but if you have a specific reason for getting the American, go ahead. As Bob Dylan once said:

"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."

i like that quote, and yea, ive been making sure taht i can. and i havent compared them next to each other yet, but playing them separately ive rly noticed a difference
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
i upgraded my squire straight to an american standard strat and it was well worth it, going in between when you know you love playing is a waste i reckon (if you've got the money). BUT you'd wanna make sure that is definately the guitar/sound/set up you want.

since i've had my strat i've replaced the pickups and the bridge hardware (saddles, tremblock) and it sounds WAY better (tone wise not a different sound but really just an upgrade on the traditionaly strat sound) than it originally did. so on that hand i could've just bought a mex model, saved money and used that for the mods. you might wanna think about doing something like that IMO as the mexicans are still well made guitars and i think fender america is not what it used to be from all accounts (could be wrong).

In saying that though i dont know if id love my guitar as much if it didnt say "corona, CA" on the back.
God makes a good point. There is some sort of "pride" in owning an American fender, if that matters to you (it does to me ). Many people look down on mexy strats/hss', and rightfully so. They are beginner guitars for people who want a cheap alternative to the real things, though they do their job. American fenders will definitely be of better quality, though.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
Quote by bored_maniac33
ok, yea, ummm i said american dude

I know. You mentioned getting a lower end one instead. The most popular one between Squier and American Fender is the Mexican Fender.
Quote by copet
American fenders will definitely be of better quality, though.

yea lol the prestige and the quality are what im goin for, 50 years from now i want a guitar that still functions great and i can be like "woot!"
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by blue_strat
I know. You mentioned getting a lower end one instead. The most popular one between Squier and American Fender is the Mexican Fender.

why yes i did...lol sorry, i blame applications and two other essays im writing, thanks
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional