I really like the slap and pop technique that funk bass players use and want to learn how to play it and incorporate it in a metalish way like korn and mudvayne. and tips for basic slap and pop? or maybe books/dvds to check out?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494268

Start here and also check out You Tube for more examples. Larry Graham's instructional video is out there and just watching him play is a joy.
if you want to make yourself feel like the worst slap player ever, watch some of flea's early stuff on Youtube. That is rediculous.
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Quote by The*Music*Man
if you want to make yourself feel like the worst slap player ever, watch some of flea's early stuff on Youtube. That is rediculous.

do you ever have anything insightful, or helpful to say? I've pointed this out to you on atleast 3 occasions, and you probably hold a grudge against me for it. But you're one of those people who never has anything good, or beneficial, or helpful to say, and it really bothers me.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!