As a fan of system i've obviously registered for these forums, but its such a disgrace what people are recommending for the musicians on there!!!!

Every single mention of basses on there is pretty much "gibson thunderbird this, gibson thunderbird that"....Fully understandable considering it is a forum about a band whos bassist uses a Tbird....But still, with so many people going there asking questions about bass (Mainly "what should i buy" type threads) They should be getting fair educated answers, not just talk out of your arse "Shavo uses, so should you" type stuff.

Im just requesting someone maybe make a thread on there linking to this forum, or register and hop the threads answering threads with something other than "LaWl save up $1400 for Gibson Tburd LLol" and give them some hope!

id do it myself, but im currently having trouble getting registered, something to do with my internet.....

EDIT::: Hey guys, this is a rant referring to SOADfans.com, not UG. I fully understand the immense amount of hate being given towards Thunderbirds here.

Ok, end rant.

Good day sirs and madames!
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Last edited by Nikki197666 at Nov 14, 2007,
I already do that on there. I suggest things that I've tried and things that I'm sure they'll like. I'm not stupid enough to suggest guitars and stuff that would cost a fortune, and just because the band members use them.

You'll just have to suck it up, I guess, until your internet starts working again. Then you can go on there and rant until you're banned
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
wow, some people, seriously if you're going to try to get into an instrument going to your favorite band's website and asking what they play isn't the best way to go, those people who do this have no creativity, if you ask me, you should let them take the bad advice, make a bad decision, and go back to not playing bass
So thats three SOAD tone threads in the space of a day...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
What forum are you reading? 9 out of 10 posts on this forum regarding the Thunderbird are people absolutely slamming it.
It would be so totally awesome if you went back to grade school to relearn syntax and proper sentence structure.
So an irishman walks out of a bar.
Dudes, fer all the serious fender fans, tbird really does suck. real bad. I love system, but its p bass all the way! I NEVER play gibson . ALWAYS fender.
Quote by Lobsterdeth
It would be so totally awesome if you went back to grade school to relearn syntax and proper sentence structure.

If you looking for proper sentences internet is not the place.
he meant that someone should tell the people on the SOAD forums, not here, but his writing was just very difficult to understand, took me a while to get it at first too
Sorry, its the way we write down here, in New Zealand....

Alot of it is long winded....sorry

And as far as grade school, I'm not sure what year class that relates to here, but if its anywhere under your high school I'm still classed under that category

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I write fine here in Australia. I'm probably in a more Southern town that you.
Anyways, what the hell is with this thread?
What about SOAD?
Or Shavo Odadjian?
Or the Gibson Thunderbird IV?
Or the Ibanez DMM1?
He's talking about the soadfans.com forums..
Gear:

Basses:
2008 American Standard Fender Jazz
Ibanez SRX300
Amp(s):
Ashdown MAG 300 C410T + 1x15
Effects:
SansAmp 3-Channel Bass Driver D.I.
yeah, upon rereading that I understand its a little vague as to what I'm actually talking about...

Sorry folks!

Quote by Nikki197666
yeah, upon rereading that I understand its a little vague as to what I'm actually talking about...

Sorry folks!

I'd clarify the fact you're refering to soadfans.com otherwise you may get some more flame your way. It does sound like you're referring to UG.

As for the Thunderbird... yeah, I'm not a fan of the tone of it at all. Severe case of one trick pony. But it sure looks sexy as hell doing it! But hey, if they're happy copying their idol, we shouldn't stand in their way as long as they are given all the facts about the bass.