ok ive been seriously getting pissed off im trying to figure out how to get seperate tracks for each drum i have 8 sepertate drum mics for each drum and 8 inputs [on my presonus fire pod 8 channel] and i use sonar.

please help :0
Good christians dont get jiggy wit it til after Marrage
play the drums one at a time?
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
lol nah theres a way but i cant figure it out for the life of meh

blehh
I'm guessing you're having a problem with bleed (when other drums are heard in a mic it wasn't intended for). The simple answer is that it's impossible to completely avoid on a drum kit. The only thing you can do is to gate your drum tracks and set them in a way so that when it that drum isn't playing the gate will mute that track. You'll still get bleed when the gate is open on that track which can cause phase issues but if you set up the mics properly than it shouldn't be too much of a problem. So in conclusion, bleed and phasing is pretty much unavoidable when doing a drum kit, but they can be reduced with proper techniques.
well that is good information and thank you i didnt know that but i ment like

i miced each drum now i want a seperate track for each one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cODQPV3FSDE

like how the guy has it here

ohh and i use sonar an like i stated before have the 10 channel presonus fire pod
can you tell me how?

im extremely new to this method
plug your drum mics into the firepod. Then on Sonar create 8 new audio tracks, one for each mic. I don't know Sonar, but somewhere on each track you should be able to set up the input to that track. For your kick track, set the input to be whatever input you plugged the kick mic into on the firepod. Same goes for snare, toms, overheads, and anything else. Now you should be able to record all 8 mics to their own tracks.
ok but theres only llike 5 inputs that come out and i have 7 mics plugged in gahhh!
that doesn't make any sense. I would think that if your firepod is hooked up properly, you should be able to select any of the 8 inputs on it without even needing anything to be plugged in.

Sorry, but not being a Sonar user, I don't think I can help you any further.
ya tell me about it frustrating huh?

well thanx anyways
Quote by babf121
well that is good information and thank you i didnt know that but i ment like

i miced each drum now i want a seperate track for each one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cODQPV3FSDE

like how the guy has it here

ohh and i use sonar an like i stated before have the 10 channel presonus fire pod

OT:
That guy seems real excited to be making that film.....
Quote by babf121
ok but theres only llike 5 inputs that come out and i have 7 mics plugged in gahhh!

When you say that, do you mean there are 5 physical outputs on the interface? If so those outputs are unrelated to the matter because the mic signal should be going into your computer via the USB/firewire cable. I haven't used sonar so I'm not sure exactly how it works, but there should be a way within the software to send each mic input to it's own desired track (also know as busing).
I am really struggling to understand the problem you are having. Try and explain it in detail , speaking slowly and clearly, as if speaking to a five year old.
There is poetry in despair.
Is it possible the inputs are grouped into stereo pairs
1 - Channel 1/2
2 - Channel 3/4
3 - Channel 5/6
4 - Channel 7/8
5 - Full Mix

If so you may need to make sure you are using mono tracks, and are selecting the right channel. Thats my guess at least.