i normally use d`addario 9s, but i want to change to something like 10-52 what do i have to do
RG350EX by the way
one question does it work with standard e?
not doing it but i wanna know
i going to tune to drop d or maybe c#
it should be only spring tension and in time some truss rod?
10 gauge strings cannot handle anything lower than Standard D. Even then they sound bad. If you want to tune low, at least 11. You don't need to really do anything for anything below 12 gauge.
11-52 are perfect for Drop C# imo. They have the thickness in the bottom, and at the top, so when it's downtuned it feels almost like a comfortable, larger, 10-46 set (tension wise)
i went from 9's to 11's today... i had to make my nut a little bit bigger and ever so slightly adjust the truss rod (this was on my squier).
9-10s is pretty simple and IMO much better. I like the feel and sound of 10s better than 9s, abit more tension and 'fullness'. Detuning im not so sure on though.
10's are fine nin standard, 11's aren't; you have to tune down a half step with 11's. Drop D sounds fine with 10's though go 11's if you want anything lower.
10's are fine nin standard, 11's aren't; you have to tune down a half step with 11's. Drop D sounds fine with 10's though go 11's if you want anything lower.