I have a Fender Telecaster and I was wondering if I should be using fretboard polish. I have some polish and I've heard that polish shouldn't be used on some fretboards.

So, should I use it or not?
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Last edited by iSlash at Nov 13, 2007,
Neck: 1-Piece Maple, Modern “C” Shape,
(Satin Polyurethane Finish)

Fingerboard: Maple

If that helps
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

I already have fretboard polish. I was asking if I should use it with my fretboard.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Quote by Fate_of_Mind

It says not recommended on finished fretboards which mine is.

What would happen if I did?
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Quote by Fate_of_Mind

it might tarnish the finish ie: rub some of it off. if it says not reccomended, then i wouldnt risk it.
I have the Standard Telecaster and lookivng at the specs I posted before, I realised that it doesn't say that the fretboard has a finish, so does it?
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Quote by Fate_of_Mind

i would ASSUME that it doesnt, but im not really a tele kind of guy, so i dont know for sure without seeing it.

someone else will probably know, however, if they dont, i would suggest showing it to someone that knows about guitars, and asking them.
Quote by iSlash
I have the Standard Telecaster and lookivng at the specs I posted before, I realised that it doesn't say that the fretboard has a finish, so does it?

Maple pretty much has to be finished.

So yeah, don't bother using something like lemon oil on it. Just wipe it off with a cloth to get gunk off.
most maple boards are finished and on those you can't use normal fretboard conditioner and stuff like that
Quote by IndieMetalhead
a berard? is that like an iraqi tumor?

Maple fretboards are basically all finished. Don't do it .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Thanks then.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Quote by Fate_of_Mind

Thanks then.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Quote by Fate_of_Mind