Does anyone have this guitar? I've saved up about £300 ($600 dollars I think..) and I really like this guitar, but the videos I've seen on YouTube are of crappy audio quality and I can't make a decision. My teacher tells me I should get an Ibanez of some sort.. I currently play a Fender Strat (squier), and I'd say I'm an intermediate player, but I haven't a clue on what guitar I should get. I play metal (thrash, death, but mostly melodic) and some acoustic.

Here's the Jackson Specs:

* Alder Body
* Flame Maple Veneer on Transparent Colors
* Bolt-On Rock Maple Neck
* Neck: 3rd Fret: .775”, 12th Fret: .835”
* FINGERBOARD Rosewood Fretboard
* 24 Jumbo Frets
* Bridge Pickup: Duncan Designed® Detonator™ Humbucker
* Middle Pickup: N/A
* Neck Pickup: Duncan Designed® Detonator™ Humbucker
* Die-Cast Jackson Tuners
* Controls: Volume, Tone, 3-Way
* Jackson JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point
* Floyd Rose Lic. Tremolo
* Chrome Hardware
* Strings:.009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
* SCALE LENGTH 25.5”
* WIDTH AT NUT 1-11/16”
* INTRODUCED 7/2004
* Compound (12” to 14&rdquo Fingerboard Radius,
* Jackson MOTO Shark Fin Position Inlays,
* Off-set “X” Shaped Warrior Body

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
get the ibanez xiphos, looks exactly the same but with better pups and paintjob just replace the bridge on it though
meh, i wouldn't spend £300 on it, try and get it on ebay if you can. the reason i say that is.

Alder body and the fact the tremlo is licenced, which, is ment to have its fair share of troubles (compared to ZR trem)

but i think my friends dad has it and, from what i heard of DOES sound nice but, i would check ebay first, but manily, if you like it, go for it.
Quote by Azrael`
get the ibanez xiphos, looks exactly the same but with better pups and paintjob just replace the bridge on it though

Holy ****, I just looked it up. It looks sweeter than the Jackson.. And I just saw a video, it sounds awesome..

Thanks alot, I think I have made up my mind now :O... Now to see how much it costs :/
Quote by Morphox
Holy ****, I just looked it up. It looks sweeter than the Jackson.. And I just saw a video, it sounds awesome..

Thanks alot, I think I have made up my mind now :O... Now to see how much it costs :/

Lot more then the Jackson, to the tune of a $150 US Dollars or so. The Jackson is nice for its price, but the only issue in my eyes is the trem, which will probably ta most give you 5 years of heavy abuse. Which is longer then the Xipho's Edge III

Jackson Pros:
Made in Japan, High Quality Construction
Better trem then the Ibanez

Ibanez Pros:
Mahogany
Neck Thru
DiMarzio pickups

Jackson Cons:
Basswood body
Duncan Designed Detonators
Trem is only marginally better then the Edge III

Ibanez Cons:
Made in Indonesia, and has shoddy quality
Crap trem

Really, they are two different class of guitar. Its more fair to compare the Xiphos to say, the WRMG.