ok so i know this is gonna sound like a really novice question, but what is the difference of the different bodies of guitars do? i know they look different, but is there a noticable sound difference from one to the other?
no, i don't think any human ear could tell the difference between say a strat shape body and a les paul body, it's the wood it's made of that counts.
ok so the wood makes a difference? like the density? i thought that if it was a hollow body, semi-hollow body, or solid body that made the most difference, i could be wrong tho
Quote by Hubie1110
ok so the wood makes a difference? like the density? i thought that if it was a hollow body, semi-hollow body, or solid body that made the most difference, i could be wrong tho

Wood makes a considerable amount of difference as does the construction adn the shape.
A flying V for example has less wood than an explorer so vibrations get cut off faster.
The chambers in the body also allow the vibrations to be carried into air pockets furthur changing the sound.
Different woods have different densities which affect how long the vibrations carry on for, and differet wood structures have natural pockets in the grain that again affect the sound.

Even similiar woods have different sounds. Alder and ash are similiar but have different sounds. Mahogany is dark sounding while alder is bright.
Maple has a twangy bright and rounded sound when used as a fretboard whereas rosewood has a more neutral sound.

Then constructions make a difference. Such as the type of bridge used(the more contact the better sounding), the type of neck join(a neck through will sustain longer) etc...
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350