Page 1 of 38
The old thread got a bit too big for it's boots, so here's a fresh one.

Welcome to all newbies.

If you've just registered and you want to introduce yourself, say hi, etc, this is the place to do it. All other introduction threads shall be closed

Keep it clean, no flaming, and no random spam.

Make sure to read the Rules, the FAQ and any other stickied threads in here before posting

new thread is here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794605
Hi guys, I'm not new here, but I'm Ben, and if you ever need help with anything involving amps or gear, hit me up in the Guitar Gear and Accessories forum. We're all really helpful over there. I don't recommend going into The Pit if you're really new, as you'll have lost your dignity by then.

And Sonixon, I didn't know you came around here anymore...
Ben
second post!!!one!!elevelntyone!!!

Anyway. Welcome to all new UG'ers. Stay out the pit

This is the Newbies corner,(if you didn't know already.) Its a good place to start, but if you're not new to guitar, i'd recommend the guitar forums. Bands and artists are good as well.

have fun
Last edited by tanglewoodguit at Oct 24, 2007,
Hello guys and gals.
Im new also, My name is Josh
I wont go into a whole Biography so dont worry
Erm...Yeah...Hi.
==Gear==
Ibanez Rg321
Roland Cube 30X
Hello everyone, greetings from the midwest. I figured that since I love music and guitar, and since I enjoy internet forums, why not sign up here?

Anyway my name is Jake and I'm 17. I dig all kinds of music, especially ska, folk, and indie/alt. I also enjoy plaing guitar and messing with other misc. instruments.

I hope to stick around for a while.
Hi Adam, It's okay to be new here. We like newbies!

Hi Craig, I'm one of the all ... Now you are, too.

Hi Josh, No worries, mate.

Hi Jake, We hope you stick around, too.

Continue to be polite, read the rules, and most importantly ... HAVE FUN!

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
My name's Chad... I'm 13... I've had my guitar for 5 months. I like classic rock, grunge, and metal. My guitar is a crappy used Peavey Raptor EXP and I use a Peavy 10 watt amp.
my name is Izale. I'm not new here been here for a loooong time. just been checkin out the forums and they seem pretty tight.
Hello to the new users!!!

I'm Collin, feel free to pm me questions about anything. I'll be happy to help.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Hi Chad, Maybe your guitar isn't everything you would like it to be. But it's a guitar, right?

Hi Izale, You've been around a while, but thanks for posting.

Hi Steve, That name sound familiar for some reason.

Welcome to all of you. Read the rules. Have Fun. Be excellent to each other!

Cheers,
SYK

fakeEDIT:

... and believe it when Collin says he'll be happy to help. He's a great guy!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
fakeEDIT:

... and believe it when Collin says he'll be happy to help. He's a great guy!

Thanks
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Hey everyone, I'm Paul here from NC. Been playing roughly for three years, into Metal, Classic Rock, Blues, I'm a melting pot...what can I say.

Well glad to be here, I'm sure I'll need help at some point. Just the same though I wont shy away from giving help to others either.
Hi Paul, Welcome to UG.

Never hesitate to ask for help.
If it's about navigating UG or how to work the controls, the Newbie Forum is the right place.

Be sure to read the rules, keep the attitude you just showed, and have fun!

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Howdy Paul! Welcome all you new guys to Ultimate-Guitar!

This place can be quite an interesting adventure when you first start out. Make sure you read the rules and FAQ as provided to you, and enjoy your stay. I would suggest not to enter the Pit until you feel you are comfortable within the forums.

Best of luck,
Get off my lawn.
Hey I'm Amy from Chi-town I love all kinds of Rock music and Blues.
Welcome Amy! If you need any help at all, feel free to leave me a PM and I'll help you out.
Get off my lawn.
Thanks for the info.

Quote by HawkaLuigi
Welcome Amy! If you need any help at all, feel free to leave me a PM and I'll help you out.
hey, this is Jesus here

no, I'm not being blasphemous, I'm just Mexican . . . hehe

well, I've been coming here for tabs regularly for a while, and it's been a helpful site; now I've decided to try this out and see what happens
Hello Amy

Hello Jesus

Welcome to your new favorite site
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Hi Jake, Hi Iron Anger

Read the rules, and have fun
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

hey, im not new here. but i never did introduce myself, and no one seems to know me around here. so hi everyone, my name is rick. how y'all doing?
Hi everyone,

Im Thom, I also am a newbie! Im at sea for the next 7 months with only accoustic, been away 2 weeks and miss electric already! im into heaps of differant stuff as long as its quality, bits of folk, heavier stuff like system and disturbed, mellow stuff like donovan frankenreiter, xavier rudd john butler trio, but mostly, I love the chilis, incubus, audioslave, rage, glenn hughes etc.

One quick question, is there any easy way to learn to play and sing at the same time!?

Well that was a longer intro than planned, so sorry bout that, hope to speak soon to all!
Thom.
Hi I am new. Got my first guitar 12 years ago and I really enjoyed playing. i hadn't played for years though because my guitar broke and I just never got around to getting another one plus lots of stuff was happening in my life and I didn't have the will or the time to pick one up anyway but I am pleased to say I bought myself a new guitar 2 months ago and am loving every minute of it again...
Quote by caged in rage
hi im jake and i luv metallica

hey, im sally, im this guy here's older sister (not too much older though LOL)

im into pantera, korn, slipknot, ozzy, metallica, deftones, drowning pool, system of a down ..... you prolly get the picture

been playing drums since i was 14 (23 now) and just picked up the guitar just over a year ago.

hope to see y'all around
Hello everyone. I'm also a newly joined member [bout 2 weeks ago] and ive just reread the rules... I apologise profusely for trampling and carelessly bungling thru the forums in the pit and causing the mods untold miseries... Anyway, i would like to formerly re-introduce myself to everyone. My name is Paul and I play an Tanglewood hooked up to a small 15w amp for some basic effects. So hi!!!
i was also wondering if anyone can give me some tips on buying a budget priced but effective soundcard interface that is suited to recording some decent sounds?
My name is Cameron, I'm 16 and I've been playing guitar since I was 16. I have the same guitar i had 4 years ago, a decent fake Gibson Les Paul (By a company named Epoch?). I've had the same guitar for so long because my mom refuses to get me a new one, and I refuse to save money lol. I like Classic Rock and 90's rock. My fav. classic bands are Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Def Leopard, Focus, Blue Oyster Cult, etc. my all time favorite band is Faith No More...
uhh idk what else to say... lol
but yeh i'm glad to be a member and i just contributed my first Guitar Pro tab today AC/DC T.N.T.
Last edited by Graugboy at Oct 28, 2007,
Hey, I'm Jason, I just started guitar last week, and well, I'm not very good at moving my fingers to assorted chords...anyone got some tips they can help me with. I'd be grateful...please? =D
Quote by karate1kid
well i'm new here.... accidently created a new thread about it....

Ahh, it's ok man. We all do that at one point or another!

Quote by chea_man
hey, im not new here. but i never did introduce myself, and no one seems to know me around here. so hi everyone, my name is rick. how y'all doing?

Hey Rick, I know you. If I'm not mistaken, you were in my Blues Duel Tournie!

Quote by Big Light
I'm Big Light. I love classic rock.

Pleasure to meet you! Aerosmith fan I assume? I liked 'Toys In The Attic'.

Quote by atseawitaccoust
Hi everyone,

Im Thom, I also am a newbie! Im at sea for the next 7 months with only accoustic, been away 2 weeks and miss electric already! im into heaps of differant stuff as long as its quality, bits of folk, heavier stuff like system and disturbed, mellow stuff like donovan frankenreiter, xavier rudd john butler trio, but mostly, I love the chilis, incubus, audioslave, rage, glenn hughes etc.

One quick question, is there any easy way to learn to play and sing at the same time!?

Well that was a longer intro than planned, so sorry bout that, hope to speak soon to all!
Thom.

Yes, you can learn to play chords along with your singing style. I would go to the Acoustic Forum and ask around. They're quite helpful.

Quote by musicalgirl
Hi I am new. Got my first guitar 12 years ago and I really enjoyed playing. i hadn't played for years though because my guitar broke and I just never got around to getting another one plus lots of stuff was happening in my life and I didn't have the will or the time to pick one up anyway but I am pleased to say I bought myself a new guitar 2 months ago and am loving every minute of it again...

Well, welcome! I hope UG can be a place to help build your skills as a musician.

And to anyone else I missed, welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here at Ultimate-Guitar, make sure you read the FAQ!

Get off my lawn.