So i bought an LTD B-204 but iv been thinking on selling it, or trading for fender jazz.
Iv got nothing Against the LTD, has EMG-HZ pretty good sound, but i guess the neck is too big and pretty tick, kind of hard to play fast with it.
You guys think is a good idea? i mean can i get a much better sound with jazz bass?, i play a bit of everything, i dont stick just to 1 kind of genre.

this is it:

tks for any help
AbsentMind
Yeah it might be a good idea. You don't sound very excited about your current bass, however I really doubt you will be disappointed with a Fender Jazz. You can get great sound with a Jazz. I would own one right now if I had the cash. My only option would be to sell my EBMM Sterling, but no way I am too in love with it to do that. Definitely try out that Jazz, you can play pretty much any type of music with it.
If you like the humbucker tone you get with your LTD then the Jazz is not the bass for you.
The two single coils you'd get on a Jazz are a lot twangier.
I'd try out a Dean or a Ibanez Ergodyne if I were you, twin humbuckers and very, very fast necks.
Quote by Gunpowder
Sekhmet: Known for ritually sacrificing the innards of small woodland creatures.

Also, being a girly-girl.

Quote by Creepingjesus73
As for you, Mistress of Mayhem; just remember who it is who can lick * *** + *****'* **** *****out of the ****** of the ***!

Ughhh, you aren't talking about those Ibanez basses made out of lucite are you? I owned one of those for about a week. I don't like Ibanez basses, but I got a really good deal on it the neck was about the best feeling, easiest to play that I had ever played on. About 5 days into it I realized I HATED the sound of it and sold it.
Quote by Smidgelton
Ughhh, you aren't talking about those Ibanez basses made out of lucite are you?
No, I'm talking about the 'Luthite' Ibanez EDB series, not lucite
'Luthite is a HDF and as such has an equal density to good grade white woods like Ash, Alder and Maple but with more consistency as it has no grain, knots etc. so it should have an ok tone better than ply or cheap basswood.
I doubt the 'luthite' affected the tone that much.

I owned one of those for about a week. I don't like Ibanez basses, but I got a really good deal on it the neck was about the best feeling, easiest to play that I had ever played on. About 5 days into it I realized I HATED the sound of it and sold it.
Really? Because I'd have thought you'd know what it was made from then. I doubt you owned one, I call bull - you tried one in a shop didn't you?

Anyway, again tbyb but just get something you like TS, basically ignore everything anybody else says and do your thing.
Quote by Gunpowder
Sekhmet: Known for ritually sacrificing the innards of small woodland creatures.

Quote by Creepingjesus73
As for you, Mistress of Mayhem; just remember who it is who can lick * *** + *****'* **** *****out of the ****** of the ***!

Oh please, don't play the "I call bull" game on me, Miss Daisyrock. I am sorry I spelled luthite incorrectly and I expressed my opinion on an open forum about a bass I actually owned and have experience playing in which differs from your own opinion about a bass that you have not owned and do not have (much) experience playing. The fact is, luthite or whatever the hell it is called, does not have the same tonal properties as wood. However, I did a little bit of research and it seems that the newer line of Ergodyne basses are actually made of wood and did not realize that.

This is the same model and finish of Ergodyne I actually owned. I want to say I recall mine having black hardware... that part I might actually be making up. It was 3-4 years ago I got it used in great condition for 450USD, they retailed just over 500USD (510 or something weird like that).
Quote by Smidgelton
Oh please, don't play the "I call bull" game on me, Miss Daisyrock. I am sorry I spelled luthite incorrectly and I expressed my opinion on an open forum about a bass I actually owned and have experience playing in which differs from your own opinion about a bass that you have not owned and do not have (much) experience playing. The fact is, luthite or whatever the hell it is called, does not have the same tonal properties as wood. However, I did a little bit of research and it seems that the newer line of Ergodyne basses are actually made of wood and did not realize that.

This is the same model and finish of Ergodyne I actually owned. I want to say I recall mine having black hardware... that part I might actually be making up. It was 3-4 years ago I got it used in great condition for 450USD, they retailed just over 500USD (510 or something weird like that).

Ooops, I thought you would see the joke lad. Mmm.

Anyway WHAT HAS MY DAISYROCK HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?
(other than it having a single coil and a humbucker Seymour Duncans - that's what the thread is about isn't it? The difference in tone between the two types of p-up).

Also you have no idea about what I have played or for how long.
If you want to talk experience, I joined my first band in 1988 - yes when you were 3.
I've worked with some stunningly talented musos and have tried a bit of everything,(I even sang on a minor club hit years ago - must have been in 1991).
So don't pull the 'I'm more experienced' bit with me it doesn't wash, I'm not some sixteen year old girl you can intimidate.

You should have posted more detail about the Ibanez you owned in the first place - leave it so vague on an open forum and you have to expect bull-calls.

Apologies to the tread starter for spamming up his thread.
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by Creepingjesus73

Okay, I'm sorry about the Daisyrock comment... well not so much sorry but I realize it was irrelevant and dumb. I just don't appreciate being called out like that, I thought it was a little unnecessary and a simple correction in spelling would have sufficed. If it was a joke, then excuse me. Jokes don't always translate to text well, especially from people I don't know/have never talked to before in my life. Anyway, I agree this is spam and a pointless argument. I would rather not have any more of these. Sorry to threadstarter for my disrespectful behavior.
Quote by Smidgelton
Okay, I'm sorry about the Daisyrock comment... well not so much sorry but I realize it was irrelevant and dumb. I just don't appreciate being called out like that, I thought it was a little unnecessary and a simple correction in spelling would have sufficed. If it was a joke, then excuse me. Jokes don't always translate to text well, especially from people I don't know/have never talked to before in my life. Anyway, I agree this is spam and a pointless argument. I would rather not have any more of these. Sorry to threadstarter for my disrespectful behavior.

Hey I'm not arguing. (Note the smilie)
It's all cool, you are right - jokes don't always work out on teh forums.

Sorry TS, that's me done now.
You may carry on - *Royal wave*.
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by Creepingjesus73

Quote by Sekhmet
Hey I'm not arguing. (Note the smilie)
It's all cool, you are right - jokes don't always work out on teh forums.

Sorry TS, that's me done now.
You may carry on - *Royal wave*.

Tell me about it!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..