Look up the Bazz Fuss

I think its 4 or 5 parts total
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
Simplest - a single op-amp with two diodes in the feedback loop, 9V supply, a couple of caps and resistors and that's it.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by vigenharutyunya
But how?

Exactly how I said. If you can't understand what I said, then you need to go back to learning some theory before you start making a pedal.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Look up schematics and see what you'd like to try - we can't baby you through it. Start with something like a Distortion+.
I think he might be asking for a simple schematic or something.

Tonepad.com is a great place to look up schematics.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by the_random_hero
Exactly how I said. If you can't understand what I said, then you need to go back to learning some theory before you start making a pedal.

Quote by the_random_hero
Look up schematics and see what you'd like to try - we can't baby you through it. Start with something like a Distortion+.

Why is it that every time somebody asks for help, there is someone there to chastise and embarrass him? He's not asking for you to hint him in the right direction with subtle and inconclusive clues...

Meanwhile, I'll look around to see if I can find some really simple schematics, which was what he originally asked for.
Take a look at those:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=98&Itemid=26

the_random_hero just tryin' to be pro.

He asked for "the simplest distortion pedal ever"... Distortion + ain't the easiest. Easy though...
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Last edited by Thewolf_and_man at Nov 13, 2007,
Quote by vigenharutyunya
Well i've made the electra but in place of 1N4001 i puted 1N4007
and it doesn't work is the problem due to diods?

Nope, both those are interchangeable for back to back ground clipping.
Quote by the_random_hero

with all due respect, i've built many a thing such as effects pedals, small amplifiers and stuff yet i cant translate what you said into a working circuit with the correct resistors lol. Reading schematics is a lot different than being able to construct circuits
www.myspace.com/funkmecrazy
Stevie Ray Vaughan and John Bonham's number one fan

"how do you make a 15 watt solid state amp sound good?"
Quote by p o e
step one, insert screwdriver into speaker
step two buy a good amp
Did you copy the schematic EXACTLY? 1N4007 diodes are the same as 1N4001, except that the 1N4007 is rated for a higher voltage. They both work the same. I would check to make sure you connected the transistor correctly. If even two of the pins are swapped, it won't work. Most small NPN transistor's (like the one in the schematic) pinouts are the same. If you're looking at the flat side, the pins are, from left to right, emitter, base, collector. In the schematic, the collector is on the top, the base on the middle left, and the emitter on the bottom.