I've got a Hartke 320W 4X12 cab, which I bought because it had inputs for 4,8 and 16 ohm inputs and didn't cost me very much. Plus it's much lighter than my brother's Marshall 1960 cab, which makes it a lot easier to cart around.

I just moved it up to my new house and got to use it with my Valve Junior for the first time in a couple of months, and I swear it buzzes. I've just been hunting around the room for anything else that could be buzzing, but I swear it's the cab itself. It's just done a 500Km trip in the back of the car with stuff packed around it, so it might have got knocked around a bit.

Any tips on dampening vibrations inside a speaker cabinet? I was thinking of spraying with rubberized stoneguard like you use for soundproofing under a car. A friend of mine sprayed the inside of a sub box in his car with that stuff and it seemed to help. How have the wise UG gurus approached the problem?
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
First work out what it is that's causing the buzzing. It might just be a loose screw that's allowing a jack plate or something to vibrate around.
If it's not that, spraying some of the noise-dampener (from memory it's just some form of liquid tar) inside the cabinet should also help with any buzzing plus give you a bit of a more solid bottom end.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
maybe it could be the logo on the front, I've played thru cabs where that has happened.
and if i held the logo down, it would stop buzzing.
Quote by b00m_
maybe it could be the logo on the front, I've played thru cabs where that has happened.
and if i held the logo down, it would stop buzzing.

Yeah we had to take the Marshall logo off my bro's MG15 combo. It never deserved to be there anyway.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard