So with the season of Christmas looming nearer we se loads of people rushing to the stores to buy the latest Christmas compliations out there to hear the old, familiar hits like Jingle Bells and the 12 Days of Christmas once again. We metal folk, as always, are another breed though, so what do you crank in your stereo to get into the spirit?

I asked myself this question, and couldn't really think of any song in particular (or at all for that matter ), so I came on here to hear your opinions?

Christmas metal; is there such a thing?
master of puppets...the whole album because i got it for christmas a few years back and so it reminds me of christmas
Around xmas I like to stray into folk metal such as Korpiklaani, Ensiferum and Finntroll
We throw folkmetalraves and drink nothing but Jager and ale, and dance like gay Russian loggers
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
Around xmas I like to stray into folk metal such as Korpiklaani, Ensiferum and Finntroll
We throw folkmetalraves and drink nothing but Jager and ale, and dance like gay Russian loggers

This.
Quote by Demonikk

That's amazing. I'm not even shocked; that's just awesome.
Trans-Siberian Orchestra!!
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

King Diamond - No Presents for Christmas
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by torturer6067
i hate christmas cause its a ****ing american invetion just like 14. february!

What the hell happens on the 14:th of February?

And we celebrated Christmas long before the Christians came over here; we had an old heathern celebration going on back in the days we were considered "godless marauders", so the Christians sneakily put their date of celebration close to our own and with time we came to celebrate the same event.
Quote by chylde_of_fire
King Diamond - No Presents for Christmas

Red Water (Christmas Mourning) - Type O Negative. Enough said.
Quote by Renka

Valentines day.

And Venom sounds christmassy to me. Probably because I got Black Metal as a christmas present. I just can't get into the mood if Venom aren't played. Kind of a tradition for me.
Didn't Nattefrost have some nutty sledge-y song somewhere?

There should be festive winter-themed folk black metal.

'Twould be classic.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Didn't Nattefrost have some nutty sledge-y song somewhere?

There should be festive winter-themed folk black metal.

'Twould be classic.

Well, the name makes me think of Christmas and winter right away, so that's part awesome.

It would seem most of these songs only have a sentimental connection with the holiday, which might explain why I couldn't think of any myself.

Oh, and I feel like such a loser for not knowing Vallentine's Day.
i listened to David Sedaris reading The SantaLand Diaries

my aunt flipped out

EDIT
oh wait..this is in the metal forum.. heh
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
In Flames - December Flower. Of course. "The voice of december losing it's breath...".
Trans Siberian Orchestra?

Winter time means black metal season, though. Always.
Sleep Terror did a really good tech death version of numerous Christmas songs in one progressive format.

They might put it up on their myspace again this year. I think it's called Xmas Medley . Im not entirely sure though.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
Sleep Terror did a really good tech death version of numerous Christmas songs in one progressive format.

They might put it up on their myspace again this year. I think it's called Xmas Medley . Im not entirely sure though.

I am intruiged. I checked their Myspace but I couldn't find anything.

Hook a brother up if you find anything juicy.
Quote by Renka
I am intruiged. I checked their Myspace but I couldn't find anything.

Hook a brother up if you find anything juicy.

Look at their snocap song purchasing thingy underneath the myspace tracks to play a sample of the song.

You could always dl a p2p or torrent version of the song.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I may be alone here, but 'Pendulous Skin' by Mastodon sounds like a christmas song
ONE BADASS SIGNATURE
Wintersun is very Chrismasy...
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by torturer6067
i hate christmas cause its a ****ing american invetion just like 14. february!

what are you talking about?
Quote by Renka
So with the season of Christmas looming nearer we se loads of people rushing to the stores to buy the latest Christmas compliations out there to hear the old, familiar hits like Jingle Bells and the 12 Days of Christmas once again. We metal folk, as always, are another breed though, so what do you crank in your stereo to get into the spirit?

I asked myself this question, and couldn't really think of any song in particular (or at all for that matter ), so I came on here to hear your opinions?

Christmas metal; is there such a thing?

Yes, yes there is A Brutal Christmas: The Season In Chaos it's not bad either minus a few songs
Everybody gets so caught up in the material side of Christman, they forget the true meaning of it-Christianity!

Bethemoth-Cristians to the Lions'
Slayer-Hell Awaits, The Antichrist
Metallica-Leper Messiah
Nile-Even the Gods Must Die
Any Mayhem
Any Gorgoroth
Christmas is basically bullcrap. sorry to put a negative connotation but **** its the same as any other day except people are supposed to be happier so they just pretend to act happier and jolly. and the fact that you HAVE to buy people **** is rediculous. I don't have enough money to afford more then top ramen why do i need to spend it on you?

Oh... probably this christmas i'll be wanting to listen to DT (haven't popped in one of their CDs in years) as well as some folk metal and gothenburg (since those are both genres i have like no cds of).

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Last edited by bootyguard at Nov 14, 2007,
Quote by Renka

And we celebrated Christmas long before the Christians came over here; we had an old heathern celebration going on back in the days we were considered "godless marauders", so the Christians sneakily put their date of celebration close to our own and with time we came to celebrate the same event.

how can u celebrate christmas longer than the christians? it is the birth of jesus that they celebrate. but christmas we know now has a santaclause who was made up by coca cola, so thats way america! and if by americans you mean the natives thats not who i am refering to. im talking americans as 100 years ago. before the coca cola dude christmas was a family holiday now its a buy me a gift holiday. similar with the 14 february! valentines day and the buy your loved one a gift was invented by americans to boost thair economy!

Quote by torturer6067
how can u celebrate christmas longer than the christians? it is the birth of jesus that they celebrate. but christmas we know now has a santaclause who was made up by coca cola, so thats way america! and if by americans you mean the natives thats not who i am refering to. im talking americans as 100 years ago. before the coca cola dude christmas was a family holiday now its a buy me a gift holiday. similar with the 14 february! valentines day and the buy your loved one a gift was invented by americans to boost thair economy!

It's not a strictly religious holiday; who are you to say I don't celebrate it for the same reasons as my ancestors? Besides the fact that it's obvious that I am right in this regard (and don't give me that on the prestents; mankind always celebrate by giving each other gifts, regardless if it's because of a birthday, a graduation or, yes, christmas) this still has nothing to do with the point of this thread.

EDIT: Too mean? I kinda feel bad about now.
Last edited by Renka at Nov 14, 2007,
it is a religious holiday and as it comes from a crapy religion (not to forget that religions in general are bull****) a crapy holiday
Trans-Siberian Orchestra of course! And Savatage, and stuff like Amorphis, Dark Tranquility, synth heavy black metal.