I've just bought a Laney GH50L (YAY) and I don't have a cab for it yet, so could I somehom turn my Line 6 Flextone III into a cab for it? It has speaker outs on the back, could I put speaker cable from them into the Laney head, then play through the laney (without turning line 6 on obviously) or wouldn't this work? How could I make the speaker in the Line 6 work for the Laney head? Cheers
Gear:

Fender American Strat (Dimarzio chopper)
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Ibanez SA260FM
LANEY GH50L!!
Framus 2x12 with Celestion V30s

Line 6 Flextone III
EHX Metal Muff
Marshall BB2
I've done this actually, I run my head into a combo's speaker. Will soon cut the amp out of the combo so it's just a cab.

First, you need to make sure the impedance matches, otherwise don't bother. If you mismatch the impedance you can seriously damage your new head.

Then, you'll need to disconnect the speaker from the amp in the combo, if it's got a 1/4" jack like in a Hotrod Deluxe then great. Otherwise you'll have to take the terminals off the speaker and solder of a lead that you can plug into your head. That's what I did.

It sounds like you aren't experienced with this kind of stuff, so if you have to do any soldering I would say just wait until you get a cab, otherwise you can stuff up your head pretty easily.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Speaker outs are OUTPUTS, not inputs.

Unplug the wires going to the speakers, wire a jack onto it, and youre good.

I don't know why you have a sad face next to your flextone in the sig, it's a good amp.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
It is definitely a great amp It's just that compared to the Laney it just doesn't cut it... I think I'm going to wait til I get a cab, I don't want to go soldering stuff since I was hoping to sell the Flextone soon anyway. Was just going to use this as temporary solution
Gear:

Fender American Strat (Dimarzio chopper)
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Ibanez SA260FM
LANEY GH50L!!
Framus 2x12 with Celestion V30s

Line 6 Flextone III
EHX Metal Muff
Marshall BB2
I did this. I routed a small cavity in the upper portion (the wood) of the back of my combo amp, and installed a 1/4" jack in there. Then, I soldered two 3-inch wires from the leads on the newly-installed jack in the back of the amp. Then, I used two lenths of wire, about 1 foot long apeice, and stripped both ends about an inch. I used WIRE NUTS to connect the 3-inch wires from the 1/4" jack to the two 1-foot wires, and soldered those same 1-foot wires to their respective speaker leads.

Now, check THIS out... I use my combo amp thru my cabinet through the same jack. To accomplish this, My next step was to strip the output leads from the amp to the speaker an inch, and use WIRE NUTS to connect the 3-inch wires from the new 1/4" jack to the output leads from the amp - thus creating an output to go to my cabinet. it's an 80-watt combo amp, and i use a 2x12 rated at 160 watts, and it holds up GREAT.

My NEXT step? Installing a 3-way switch , so I don't have to use the wire nuts, I can simply switch from using the combo amp in it's glory, to using the combo amp as a head to my cab, to using the combo amp as a cab. Awesome stuff! I'd like do be able to greate a FOOTSWITCH t oaccomplish this, with multiple inputs/outputs routed into the back of my amp. That's a stretch, though...