Poll: Do You Need Mummy When You Are Ill?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do You Need Mummy When You Are Ill?
Yes- When Im ill Im a big baby and need my mum
7 12%
No- But it would be nice to have someone at my beck and call
38 66%
No- I can look after myself and I dont need anyone
13 22%
Voters: 58.
Ok, this is going to sound pathetic but be honest with yourselves.

Im at uni, fully independent, I live in a house with 4 other people, I dont feel homesick, in fact I havent been home in months because I dont want to see my father. I dont miss my parents either. Im living it up and loving it.

BUT.

I have the flu and I have had an operation on both my feet and right now, all I want is my mum to look after me.

I dont think this is normal.

I am 21 years old :S

Anyone else had this problem?
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Nice title it pretty much stops most insults i was going to use. I know what you mean though, it's natural.
I don't need my mum, but it'd be nice if she was there.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
My mom lives far away, so she can't help.

This why I'm always busy training housekeeping monkeys.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Guitardude19

Im at uni, fully independent, I live in a house with 4 other people, I dont feel homesick, in fact I havent been home in months because I dont want to see my father. I dont miss my parents either. Im living it up and loving it.

*reading between the lines*

I'm at uni at the moment, in the ignorant assumption I am now independent. I live in a room with 4 other ****ers, I always feel homesick. Infact I am home every day, because I want to see my father. I miss my parents. I think I'm living it up but all I'm doing is getting myself into debt.

Quote by Kensai
My mom lives far away, so she can't help.

This why I'm always busy training housekeeping monkeys.

I ll buy 50! My housemates never do the cleaning! Im always doing it... Now I know why mothers are always grumpy!

Quote by Jackolas
*reading between the lines*

I'm at uni at the moment, in the ignorant assumption I am now independent. I live in a room with 4 other ****ers, I always feel homesick. Infact I am home every day, because I want to see my father. I miss my parents. I think I'm living it up but all I'm doing is getting myself into debt.

This is my second year mate. Not homesick at all. Hate my old man because of... Not going there..

Illness turns me into a baby.
it's instinct... and who knows how to take care of you better when you're sick than good ol' mom.
Quote by Guitardude19
I ll buy 50! My housemates never do the cleaning! Im always doing it... Now I know why mothers are always grumpy!

Well the housekeeping monkeys are still in training, however I got some italian monkeys that could scare your mates a little.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by snipelfritz
Sounds like you need a girlfriend.

Had one, chucked her because she was clingy. Now whos stupid! She could of dressed up as a nurse and nursed me better....
Hell no, my mom's a c*nt. If I told her I had the flu she'd probably just threated to kick me out of the house unless I got better.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
It's your mum...you want her because you love her?

lol it's human nature man. Unless you don't get along with your mum because she's some sort of crazy drug dealer :S
Quote by snipelfritz
Sounds like you need a girlfriend.

Sounds like you need a sandwich maker.

Boom tish!
Quote by Jackolas
Sounds like you need a sandwich maker.

That's CRAZY close to getting sigged.
For some reason i never get ill

But if i do, ill just use my slave (aka girlfriend)
Pshhhh. You're no spartan!

Quote by SkyValley
Hell no, my mom's a c*nt. If I told her I had the flu she'd probably just threated to kick me out of the house unless I got better.

At the first sentence. Good sh*t.
MILF!!!

sorry
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Im still at home, however i dont think ill have this problem, as i always look after myself when im sick, because the last year or so, any time i have been sick my mum would never believe me. I had to make my own sammiches and buy my own panadol, as my mum hides hers because my sister took too many once and it didnt have good effects on her.
Lol.

When I'm ill the last person I want around is my mum. Her house is cold and drafty and she doesn't want to waste money on heating bills so it stays that way. She never listens to I have to shout or repeat things at least twice, no fun in a cold house with a sore throat. Plus she never buys food, never cares about anyone else... I'd be better off staying here.

Oh yeah and dizzy, what reason did I give for wanting to go home again? I've completely forgotten why after saying that

sorry
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I think my mother would indeed look after me if I was bed ridden, but I don't ever get that bad. If however I did, I certainly wouldn't ask my mother as she would hold it above me and get me to come home and phone home more often and make me paint her fence, and make me floor her kitchen and tune her piano and...
no.. i'm living on campus as well, but i think i can take care of myself. the first time i did get sick, however, i called my dad and asked him for the number of some of his friends here who are doctors so they could help take care of me (food poisoning). the second time i got food poisoning i went to the student health center, got some medicine and passed out walking back.
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
I can take care of myself, and as a matter of fact when people try to nurse me while I'm sick, it just annoys me, I don't tell it to them, becuase I don't wanna offend them, but thats the way it is.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Lol.

When I'm ill the last person I want around is my mum. Her house is cold and drafty and she doesn't want to waste money on heating bills so it stays that way. She never listens to I have to shout or repeat things at least twice, no fun in a cold house with a sore throat. Plus she never buys food, never cares about anyone else... I'd be better off staying here.

Oh yeah and dizzy, what reason did I give for wanting to go home again? I've completely forgotten why after saying that

Something about feeling obliged to because you wont be home at christmas I think
Quote by Guitardude19
Something about feeling obliged to because you wont be home at christmas I think

Yes but what if I go home for the weekend and then get ill? It's a sticky decision.

Hope you feel better soon as well
Suzie, then all you do is get on the train or coach back to Bristol and have your bf look after you...

And thank you- I ll try to.

Oh and I ll stop operating on myself. Its hard cleanin blood up off the carpets...
i hate my mother. so no
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
I hate being bothered wen I'm sick.

I'd rather take care of myself.
Why look a man in the eye when you can shoot him in the back?

If you can't convince them; confuse them.

Quote by smb
I think anyone who hasn't cheated hasn't lived.
I don't know, I've never been seriously sick. I'd say I need some compassion, but that's just becuase my parents never believe me when I say I'm sick, even if I lie in bed all day, blow my nose enough to fill two bags of tissues and sleep for 16 hours.
I'm a communist. Really.