I'm more than likely buying one of these in the up and comings months and want to know all there is to know about them. The tones you can get out of it, versitilty, strong points, durability, pricing, etc. I play mainly out of a Ibanez RG1570 w/evo if that makes much of a difference.
uhm next time use the search bar to find the MOther of All 5150/6505 threads. Half the people on this Forum have seen this kind of question maybe......666 times....
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Quote by LEVEL4
I've posted several 5150/6505 questions there without a single reply . . . yet. Not one.

meh i agree. its too big.

btw i believe the 5150 is good for darker tones, and van halen ones (obviously).

It used to be Eddie Van Halen's signature amp before if you didnt know.
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
very very good for almost all subgenres of metal, and if you get the II/+ version I find that they're a little more versatile than people give them credit for- I can get a pretty good classic rock & punk tone out of it- the cleans (as you will learn) are not the best, but you don't buy a 5150/6505 for the cleans, but i think they're certainly useable, rather than a complete pain to the ears as some people make out.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Nov 13, 2007,
thats best amp i've ever played, the gain is sweet, check out machine heads tone on the blackening to hear what you can get. of course you don't have to crank the drive and presence all the way. you'll never turn this amp up over 4.