Does anyone know any good tips, sites, videos on how to learn how to meditate?

My problem is that I think too much so it would be great to learn how to just relax and clear my mind.
cross your legs, do that thing with your fingers and go 'hhhmmmmmmmmmm'

oh, and shut your eyes

sorted
from what i know, the greatest way to meditate is to concentrate on nothing else besides your breathing. i know that taking something that is involuntary by nature and making it the center of your attention seems like going in the opposite direction of meditation, but it really works. there was a site i used before that had audio you could play that tells you what to think about, also i've heard alot of people say to breathe in colors and imagine your lungs filling up with them...hope any of that helps
Get some lotion on one hand, unzip your.........WAIT you said Meditate....sorry never mind
BC Rich Mocking bird
Ibanez Artcore
Epiphone LP JR customized
80's Vantage
Takamine 12 String
Ibanez Bass
Washburn Bass
Marshall JCM900
Marshall 1960a 4x12 with 75's
Acoustic 150
Line 6 POD
Boss OC-2
Heil Talk box
I do what I call "meditation" but really I dont think it is. Once a day I sit in my room for 15 min - half hour and just think about nothing. Kind of empty my head and remove the stress. It really helps especially right now because I work in a retail store and Christmas is coming up so I have lots to do what with putting out decorations and product. Dealing with angry customers and stuff like that. Very therapeutic.

Quote by thatguyaswell
Get some lotion on one hand, unzip your.........WAIT you said Meditate....sorry never mind

REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
smoke about a quarter of weed and put on The Wall.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Think of a black spot at a distance inside your mind and concentrate at your breathing. Simply, don't think of anything AT ALL. Don't let any thoughts emerge.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
smoke about a quarter of weed and put on The Wall.

Nah, I don't smoke that stuff anymore. I'm gonna have a bath and try and think of nothing, it will be hard as my mind is usually rushing with thoughts non stop.
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
I do what I call "meditation" but really I dont think it is. Once a day I sit in my room for 15 min - half hour and just think about nothing. Kind of empty my head and remove the stress. It really helps especially right now because I work in a retail store and Christmas is coming up so I have lots to do what with putting out decorations and product. Dealing with angry customers and stuff like that. Very therapeutic.

That IS meditation.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
That IS meditation.

Oh... Well... WIN! Now I feel all deep because I meditate. I should get all the ladies now.
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
Quote by radio_schizo
Nah, I don't smoke that stuff anymore. I'm gonna have a bath and try and think of nothing, it will be hard as my mind is usually rushing with thoughts non stop.

Fair do's

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I think too much too...eventually I overload and I tend to forget what I was going to do...Sports and video games are a nice way of clearing my mind...
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by sam b
cross your legs, do that thing with your fingers and go 'hhhmmmmmmmmmm'

oh, and shut your eyes

sorted

The sound people make during meditation is a god of the Hindu, they focus on it's image while they meditate and say his name, which is "Ohm".
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by isuckhardcore
The sound people make during meditation is a god of the Hindu, they focus on it's image while they meditate and say his name, which is "Ohm".

actually ther are thousands of hindu gods/godesses, and they are all actually the same god, just different aspects of one life source, brahmin (or brahman, i always get the 2 mixed up)

but on the whole meditating thing, sorry, i got no idea
"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."~Jimi Hendrix...
Quote by isuckhardcore

Actually that sound is the sound that resonates with one of your chakras (the solar plexus I think) so meditating whilst making that sound is thought to aid in opening it.

There's plenty of good e-meditation guides, just Google it

I've been meditating for about three years now, so if there's anything specific you want to know about astral / etheric projection, lucid dreaming or meditation then I'll be happy to help!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by im_hungry
1.Hand on penis
2.???
3.Nirvana (i think thats the right word)

dude thats like a nano second
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Oh... Well... WIN! Now I feel all deep because I meditate. I should get all the ladies now.

Why are you getting sarcastic? It's not even like I meditate, I just happen to know about it, is there something wrong about meditating all of a sudden? I think all people should meditate. Besides, you were wondering if you were meditating and I answered your question.