Ok dudes i had just got a berhinger amp head the vamp. an i know this thing has tons of effects not to fond of most of them, im happy with a lil reverb, but anyways. what would be some good settings on it, i usually just kill the MID raise the HIGH an BASS, gives me that metallica kind of sound but the amp is not chuncky enough for me. i was thinken bout a death metal pedal or a metal muff...something like that...recomendations?

Berhinger cab 400wts
SG Epiphone
Wepping Demon wah

i know its not MESA Boogie but its what a poor kid can afford
"Blade, ready to die?" "I was born ready mother F*****"
Best advice, and the most advice you'll get:
Sell the halfstack, get a tube combo.
You should get around $350 for it.

Then buy either this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pignose-G40V-Tube-Amp?sku=489052
+ an OD pedal.

Or this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-v16-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487826
+ an OD pedal.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Last edited by Unskathed at Nov 13, 2007,
i would love to have a tube..cant afford that stuff dude
Quote by recoilofdarknes
i would love to have a tube..cant afford that stuff dude

Never assume you can't afford tube goodness. That's the most common misconception ever.

You need a 120W Behringer head with a 400W 4x12 cab to sound good with modeling stuff.

You only need a 15-40W combo with a 10" speaker to sound good when you go with tubes.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

tocha my good man, see all ive been around is cabs and heads...never played a tube, sad i know one day hopefully ill get me some mesa stuff
tube goodness thats funny LOL....how much does it run? money wise
i have a V-ampire and my (huge) effects chain consist of a whammy pedal followed by a metal muff. Now im not a huge fan of this particular distortion pedal, but thats because I dont play much metal. I would recommend it to someone who plays alot of metal, because its hard to get any other sound out of it. however you will be able to get that scooped mids sounds your after with the pedal much better than with the amp alone.
i play a TON of metal actually thats all i play(finger pick an alot of good clean stuff also), so the Metal muff is good to go on that heavy metal sound? thats i what im after. i mean the amp an head sound good but i want that chuncky KsE,Metallica sound.
how do you like all your effects theres so many an i hate that slight pause when you change from clean to distorted
Well, the cheapest giggable tube combo I can think of is about £150/$300 - i.e, the price of the 4x12 alone.

In fact, as I mentioned somewhere yesterday that I've seen Mesa/Boogie F-30s come down as low as $500 secondhand - enough said!
However that's pretty rare, and there's tons and tons of great-sounding amps available to you. I'd look round for a used Peavey Classic 30 and sell that Behringer. Other amps to consider include the Fender Blues Junior and the Crate Palomino V16. Don't for second think they won't be loud enough - a 15W valve amp on full power could probably compete with that halfstack of yours! You'll need an overdrive pedal to get very heavy tones, but it's well worth it.
save up for a nice valve amp, but in the meantime:

Fiddle with the settings. Ignore the FX. Find a Marshall JCM800 kind of amp model, turn the mids up, keep your bass and treble nice and high to compliment, and don't go OTT with the gain.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.