I was looking at the Yngwie strat, and i've heard of scalloped necks before, but on a fully scalloped neck, cna you still play normal chords and ****?

Cheers

Coaxke
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.
yes, but its harder and takes some getting used to. if you fret too hard, you ill bend the string, causing it to go sharp. scalloped frets require a light touch, and are normally for people who play mainly lead.
Yeah, you can still play chords and slides and stuff, it just feels strange since you're not touching the fretboard at all.

Bends are smoother, as the the only contact is with the fret.

Personally, i love the scalloped neck, but DEFINATELY try one before you buy if you're interested - they are definately a love/hate thing!
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Quote by mck_776
Yeah, you can still play chords and slides and stuff, it just feels strange since you're not touching the fretboard at all.

Bends are smoother, as the the only contact is with the fret.

Personally, i love the scalloped neck, but DEFINATELY try one before you buy if you're interested - they are definately a love/hate thing!

agreed.
Cool, considering buying a crappy strat copy and getting the pickguard wiring i have on my squire done to it (Custom HsH) and scalloping it
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.