MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
that's a tough one, I have a few gay friends, but I really have no idea. That's something that you just have to know when the right time to do so is, they do have a right to know. Do you think they'd be mad at you or something? because most people I know wouldn't be. I'd say tell your mom first, and try to work it all out there first.
Show them this thread?

Sit 'em down and tell them is my guess... not being gay, that's as much as I can say.
i dont think they'ed be mad but for some reason i'm afraid to. i've already told a few friends and they are fine.
MY BANDS

Lets All Get Superpowers

Hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
Quote by webbtje
Show them this thread?

Sit 'em down and tell them is my guess... not being gay, that's as much as I can say.

Off-topic: You're a Burnt Face Man fan?
the pit: one the worst places ever to ask for serious advice.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
yeah , actually rankles i'm bi but people on here seem to get **** for that so i figured i'd leave that out. but seeing as i have to defend my credibility due to your detective work i guess i have to put it out there.
MY BANDS

Lets All Get Superpowers

Hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
Quote by tortillamaster
yeah , actually rankles i'm bi but people on here seem to get **** for that so i figured i'd leave that out. but seeing as i have to defend my credibility due to your detective work i guess i have to put it out there.

Would have been a better idea to do so in the first place.

Anyways if your parents are the liberal type just tell them and get it over with, they'll have to deal with it if they don't like it.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by tortillamaster

OK all I have to say is who gives a ****?
So long as you're happy with yourself then it doesn't really matter what your parents or anyone else have to say. Also, if you get stick from your friends then they're not worth the effort. I talk from experiance.
Quote by Rankles

Ouch...pwnage..

As for the question...I really don't know.
Try giving them hints about it, or say like, make up a story about how one of your friends is turning gay, and see how they react to it...I dunno. I suck at advice.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I would have a mildly insulting (only amusing to myself) way of explaining to your mum and dad but one more warning and my ass is banned.
So instead ask yourself, is it important that you tell them? probably is, so you gotta be plain and simple but not turn it into a big deal, cos its not. Or wuss out and wait till your dad dies whilst in the meantime live a sitcom like existence where you have pretend girlfriends during family occasions.
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
It's hardly detective work, I'm just messing with ya
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
ummm gee yeah im the same as you with the whole bi thing

you dont realy get **** and you should be able to handle it

i dont have the problem of tellin my mum and dad

my mum says bisexuals should really make up there minds, so that wouldnt be wise

my step dads a homophobic asshole who threatens to beat me for wearing eyeliner

if they are like that then you never need tell them but if theyre liberal take that and run
just tell them i guess.
i'd tell your mother first.

but....
i assume you're a teenager (as most round here are, with exeptions of course)
so make absolutely sure you ARE gay.
most teenagers have mixed up feelings and don't know what to think, so some of them think that they'r gay or bi or whatever.
telling them that you're gay, and finding out you're not afterwards would be very embarassing...

i personally don't understand how guys can like guys (i'm straight myself) so i guess i don't know if you cazn be totally sure if you're gay.

long story short, make absolutely sure you actually ARE gay first...
if you like the look of a guy, that doesn't automatically mean you're gay.

good luck bro
Quote by alyxmelia

This is unfair. Every gay/bi I've ever met says that but I've had so much **** about it it's ridiculous. I lost most of my friends because of it, they said that they felt like they didn't know me anymore. Add onto that the chavs and all the other tossers that like to stick the knife in... maybe it's just where I like or something.

But fortunately it never really bothered me and either way I'm past it.
ahahha just first off id like to say, wen i got high on mondy rankles, i was having kinda nightmarish/visions about your avatar. it was cool, but i dont trust it.

anyway u just gotta come out i say, it will be better if u come out and tell them now then them walking in on u butting some guy.

trust is invloved too, as i said, if they like walk in on u or something, its likely that they will be very upset that u didnt trust them and confide in them.
and if u tell them and talk to them about it they will have more respect for you for coming out rather than butt whoring it secret.
so really, it may be hard to do, but they are going to find out sooner or later.
Quote by zappp
Sammi-Ellen is my australian (wish i had aborted) daughter!!
Quote by alyxmelia
ummm gee yeah im the same as you with the whole bi thing

i dont have the problem of tellin my mum and dad

my mum says bisexuals should really make up there minds, so that wouldnt be wise

my step dads a homophobic asshole who threatens to beat me for wearing eyeliner

if they are like that then you never need tell them but if theyre liberal take that and run

Don't you just hate step-parents? Put on eyeliner, and if he hits you, charge his ass with a hate crime. Then when he's takin it up the ass in prison, visit him and make a witty joke about irony.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Don't you just hate step-parents? Put on eyeliner, and if he hits you, charge his ass with a hate crime. Then when he's takin it up the ass in prison, visit him and make a witty joke about irony.

that is a beauitful idea severalspecies

he seems like the type to be prison bitch

but itd be far better if he resorted to being the pimp....bastard
i'm pretty sure. i've... done things. i dont really like talking about relationships to much so thats all i'll say. i think i'll tell my mom, she live in kansas

also, SGstriker: the way you said "turning Gay" made me laugh. it reminds me of my grandma eho thinks that gay is something you catch. like if a gay guy coughs on you
MY BANDS

Lets All Get Superpowers

Hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
Quote by This is the One
This is unfair. Every gay/bi I've ever met says that but I've had so much **** about it it's ridiculous. I lost most of my friends because of it, they said that they felt like they didn't know me anymore. Add onto that the chavs and all the other tossers that like to stick the knife in... maybe it's just where I like or something.

But fortunately it never really bothered me and either way I'm past it.

my bad, i just had a more welcoming experience from my mates

-1 for me

sorry again
Quote by tortillamaster
i'm pretty sure. i've... done things. i dont really like talking about relationships to much so thats all i'll say. i think i'll tell my mom, she live in kansas

also, SGstriker: the way you said "turning Gay" made me laugh. it reminds me of my grandma eho thinks that gay is something you catch. like if a gay guy coughs on you

no, thats called aids
Quote by zappp
Sammi-Ellen is my australian (wish i had aborted) daughter!!
Quote by alyxmelia
my bad, i just had a more welcoming experience from my mates

-1 for me

sorry again

Hey it's ok, my friends were wankers back then. They're ok now they've got used to the idea.
I was also the first one there when I was at school so I guess it was something new to insult.
Quote by sabbathman3
Dont be gay. Thats the easiest fix.

you, sir, are so bloody unsensitive it begs belief!

im not gay but i would say wait til its quite, and talk to your mum whens she's destracted like doing the washing or something. then say something long the lines of 'mum, would you love me if i said i was bi?'. and read the reaction.

then once thats sorted, approach your father.good luck.
I say just tell them, whenever your brothers or sisters arent around (if you have any).
They cant hate you for it; your their son, and if they do hate you for it, its not you in the wrong.
Why bother telling them?

If they have to have some image of you as the perfect son in their heads, you do still like girls apparently so that shouldn't be a problem.

If it was me I wouldn't want my parents all up in my business, why is your sex life anything to do with them?
thanks for all of the replys
MY BANDS

Lets All Get Superpowers

Hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Why bother telling them?

If they have to have some image of you as the perfect son in their heads, you do still like girls apparently so that shouldn't be a problem.

If it was me I wouldn't want my parents all up in my business, why is your sex life anything to do with them?

+1. Unless you feel you're being fake and disingenuous and "living a second life" by not coming out, then you shouldn't feel a pressure to do it.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
If youre gay youre parents will eventually get the hang of it.

If youre worried about telling them, then just dont, let them find out.

Its no big deal really, but if your parents are anything like my parents, theyll beat and disown you.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
You don't need to tell them.

Just go to your parents house one day with designer clothes and talk with a lisp.

"Heeeyyy Mom, don't you just love my new Ralph Lauren pants, they're so thuper!"

They'll figure it out.
You don't need to tell them.

Just go to your parents house one day with designer clothes and talk with a lisp.

"Heeeyyy Mom, don't you just love my new Ralph Lauren pants, they're so thuper!"

They'll figure it out.

sorry to the thread starter but you have gotta admit that was pretty funny
Page 1 of 2