someone help me.

hi all,

so i bought a macbook second hand off a friend, and it's now about a year and a half old. there are two things that have gone wrong with it.

the first is that suddenly hundreds and hundreds of white dots have appeared on the screen, and they remain there in the "millions" and "thousands" display mode, but not in 256. what does this mean, and how do i fix it?

second problem, my airport won't connect/detect any wireless networks. there's not even an ip address when i look at the settings. its frustrating and i don't know what to do.

if someone could help me solve this, i would be so grateful and will gladly owe you a favour.

thanks in advance.

lata
"I didn't know there were ninjas in Japan, did you?"

"Ninjas aren't dangerous. They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

Beating Hearts Baby
make sure the wireless radio is tunred on. I dont know about macs but my pc has a little switch that says "on" but i have to go into the computer settings to turn on the wireless radio.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
make sure the wireless radio is tunred on. I dont know about macs but my pc has a little switch that says "on" but i have to go into the computer settings to turn on the wireless radio.

same with my notebook.
as for the display, just leave it be in 256,
maybe some pixels have dropped out.

or yeah, maybe your friend probably sold you it because they'd already broken it...
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
severalspecies: thank you! thank you! i'm an idiot for not knowing that. thank you!

djmay71, i'd love to leave it in 256, but thats such a **** setting. do you have idea how to fix it?

the display wasn't busted when i bought it in august, it just happened literally couple days ago for no apparent reason. it seems like the pixels have dropped, but when i do things like use the dock or highlight stuff the white dots move along with it. its weird.

any help?
"I didn't know there were ninjas in Japan, did you?"

"Ninjas aren't dangerous. They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

Beating Hearts Baby
Last edited by Lama at Nov 13, 2007,
Your friend probably sold you it because they'd already broken it...

to fix the screen hold down the power button and the eject key at the same time until you completely reset the computer.

jk, that's how you emergency eject a disk. I know nothing of your display.
your probably gonna have to bite the bullet, take it to an apple store...

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
The wireless issue is probably lack f a decent antenna. You can buy some and hok them up.

As for the screen...sounds like dead pixels. Take it to a Apple Store. Or kill your friend for selling you broken ****.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200