I'm looking to change my bridge pickup and wanted recommendations.

The guitar is a Jackson DK2M.

The current bridge pickup is a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB. Now I don't dislike this p'up (I will be using this in another of my guitars), but I think it is a little to trebbly with the Alder body & Maple neck.

I'm looking for a high output p'up that can handle metal, but one that will be happy in the Alder body...

I want to stick with passives and I'm currently looking at the SH-8 Invader, or TB-11 Custom Custom.

Anyone else got the above in a bright sounding guitar?
It's generally a good idea to stay away from the Invader.

...And since you're in the UK, I'd suggest staying away from Seymour Duncan in general.

Take a look at Swinesheads or Rock Monkeys.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Yeah, the sh4 doesn't do well in the alder, I keep trying to tell people that on this site but none seem to listen. As for suggestions, I don't know much outside of seymour duncan, maybe an Evo? I dunno, just somin to look into.
I'm hungry.
I think the SH4 doesn't do well in anything, but what can ya do?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If it's warmer you're looking for then the Swineshead Warthog is a good bet, there's also the Dimarzio Breed but they aren't as good value over here. The Custom Custom is also a good pickup, but again a little pricey in the UK.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
warthog would be good, but it's not all that hot. very nice versatile pickup though.

if you have more money there's bound to be a bareknuckle/bulldog which'll do what you want, but you'd need to ask them which it is...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?