Anyone got any information on what gear oasis use live/ in studio. I know about most of the guitars, just wondering about amps and pedals and all that crap. If any tosser posts just to insult oasis then your wasting your time.

Thanks for your help
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Cheers pal^

anyone got any info on any pedals at all?
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I'm pretty sure they use some echo/chorus on their cleans and probably a tubescreamer here and there.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i think actually noel has all his effects made by pete cornish now - so im guessing thats pretty much out of your league - so go with the old boss pedals for whatever effects he uses - i.e delay, od, chorus, reverb
There's nothing particularly exciting about the Oasis tone, it's basically a sludgy wall of sound to cover up a lack of ability. An overdriven tube amp with something like a DS-1 over the top should do the job on the cheap, or a Proco Rat if you have a bit more class.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
as much as i like oasis, Mark's right, overdriven british sounding valve amp, noel gallagher's using orange AD heads now i believe, for a while he was using the clean channels from marshall JCM900s though. but yea, overdriven chords, with chorus, and a short delay for solos.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

I have to admit that whenever I think Oasis I think Definitely Maybe, I know the overall tone improved when Gem joined due to him actually being able to play the guitar. However, for that trademark "Wall of noise" a la Cigarettes and Alcohol you just need a silly amount of not particularly nice distortion.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com