I was kinda shocked to realise there wasn't a thread about this great man already.....

Well I like David Bowie a lot. Some great songs by him and the Spiders from Mars. So, discuss.

Recently I've been into the last song on Ziggy Stardust..."Rock n Roll Suicide", anyone like this song?
Co-founder of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM me or nick dixon
Winner of the CR Best Avatar Award

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
That's how we roll in the CR forum.
Irritate us, and we'll sic our 14 year old on you!
Bowie's an awesome and versatile performer. He is a true chameleon of musical styles. Man Who Sold the World and Hunky Dory are amazing albums.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
He is wicked, I've enjoyed all the songs I've heard by him.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Born2Fun
What ever happened to Mott the Hoople? Was that just a short side project for DB?

It wasn't a side project; he just wrote their hit song, All the Young Dudes. I believe they had a choice between that song and Suffragette City.

But ya, love Bowie. Scary Monsters is a ****in awesome cd that I'd overlooked up until recently.

Rock and Roll Suicide is a decent song, not one of my absolute favorites though. Nice outro
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
There's seriously not another existing Bowie thread? Wow, I didn't realize it until now, but we need a Bowie thread!
Yeah, the guy's a genius. His '70s material is some of the most innovative and important stuff in rock music. The Man Who Sold the World contributed to the rise of heavy metal. Hunky Dory & Ziggy Stardust contributed to the rise of glam rock. Station to Station contributed to the rise of dance rock (if you'd even call that a genre). Brilliant guy. I think Ziggy Stardust is one of the single most important albums of all time. In my personal top 10, anyway.
What's Bowie up to these days, anyway? I haven't heard much about him lately.
Well, he sings backup on the song Province, in Return to Cookie Mountain by the band TV on the Radio. Awesome album
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by SethMegadefan

What's Bowie up to these days, anyway? I haven't heard much about him lately.

I think he had some sort of health scare a while ago. I guess he's just chilling out, but I really hope he's got a new album in the pipeline.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Ch.. Ch.. Ch.. Changes!

I really dig Bowie's style of singing and I think my favorite song has to be 1984. The first verse is so damn cool.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
^thx bb.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"