hey could any1 tell some site where i could find some reggae licks for playing lead guitar and what scales i should use to play????

if any of you guys (or girls) knows anything about reggae no matter what it is spit it out plz thanx!
You must sing in a Jamaican accent mon!

But that doesn't mean full grammar isn't helpful when typing...

EDIT: This thread should probably go in Musician Talk as well...
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Last edited by Metal_Rich at Nov 13, 2007,
Major pentatonic works nicely over reggae rhythms.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Reggae and ska don't have much lead guitar work. It has a much more harmonic/rhythmic role than anything. Are you simply trying to stand out in a band? If so, do stop.

But of course I'll help. I'd recommend the major scale and the Mixolydian mode (flat 7th).
im not trying to stand out...the thing is we are two guitarists in the band and one need to do lead guitar (which is me) so i needed help.....thanx for the help keep helping lol
While CanCan has a point lead and improv on guitar over reggae can sound sweet. Check out Stone Senses, their guitar player has got some definite talent. I'd listen to him and see if you can't steal some ideas, a lot of what he does is riff based so you should be able to pick up a few. (Harder Than The Rest is a really good album of theirs.) (Sublime too but Brad's solos are never too reaggae oriented.)
My attempt at gear-
Fender Jaguar (limited edition Cream with gold hardware.)
Goya Rangemaster (1967 Italian Archtop)
Martin SWDGT Acoustic.
Vox AD50VT.
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Wasabi Delay, MXR BLUE BOX.
the lead guitar in bob marleys music (i forget the guitarists name ... family man something?) is basically just bluesy licks in the minor pentatonic
POST FINDER