just got a dunlop cry baby wah and i dont really know what to learn right now for songs that would use a wah pedal

any ideas?
claptons version of knockin on heavens door has some nice wah. and making random funk jams is really easy with wah. youll figure it out. I like putting it in songs that dont normally have it just to change i up.
Learn some Hendrix songs. The solo to Give it Away, and a whole bunch of other chili peppers songs. John Frusciante uses the Wah Wah pedal quite a bit.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Some solos from Slash (e.g. Sweet Child O' Mine, Slither...)
Last edited by Blutrot at Nov 13, 2007,
Learn some Alice in Chains solos, most of them have wah and are awesome, such as Man in The Box, Them Bones, Would, and heaps more. Also Metallica, Hendrix, Guns N Roses, SRV, etc.
Quote by DeadMansCurve
Learn some Alice in Chains solos, most of them have wah and are awesome, such as Man in The Box, Them Bones, Would, and heaps more. Also Metallica, Hendrix, Guns N Roses, SRV, etc.

Man in the Box also has a talk-box in it.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Yeah go some Gunners. I love my wah pedal.
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler
Quote by H91 Divinity
just got a dunlop cry baby wah and i dont really know what to learn right now for songs that would use a wah pedal

any ideas?

funk songs are good as are some metal
is it an original crybaby...the cheap one?

if so, sell it for a better one...

anyways just make up some songs of you own. Wah pedals make some great sounds.

edit
look up Joe Satiani
he does a lot of kool FX like wah and whammy
Before you learn solos with it, I'd suggest just jamming and playing scales to get your foot timing right first...
It may seem stupid at first, but it makes everything ALOT easier to do in the long run.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man in the Box also has a talk-box in it.

Good point, but i find it works with a wah, although the original crybaby might not be thick enough, but for the intro, you need a voicebox. Ive played the solo countless times with just wah and it works(and i have a homemade talkbox).
early clapton... every single song on Disraeli gears
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass