Damn it. This is the most shocking video I have ever seen. Seriously.

If you were for animals furs, maybe now you are against it. I'm completely against it.

I don't recommend it for people that are easily shocked, as I am one of these and it's been extremely shocking. You can see how people take the furs out of the animals.

Human kind in all its meanest behaviour.

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=fur_farm&Player=wm&speed=med
see I can't tell if the animal is alive or dead

Either way there is still only 1 way to remove fur from an animal and thats by skinning it, although it should be dead for moral reasons
Now, I am not saying what is on that video is OK. It is quite terrible what those people are doing, but this video is coming from PETA so of course they will only show the worst of the worst videos. Not all furs come from farms, my dad does some trapping for a little extra cash and it is all done humanely. People might not see it the same way as me, but getting furs is just like getting meat from an animal. Some ways are humane and are others are not, these videos clearly are not humane but that doesnt mean it is all like that.
well, im a member of PETA, i know for a fact that basicaly all the fur industry is like that.

ive seen stuff like this before, didnt stop me crying tho.
Quote by zappp
Sammi-Ellen is my australian (wish i had aborted) daughter!!
im not so sure that the animals were real because the face looked a little fake

but it's still disgusting, you'd think they'd have the decency to at least kill them first
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
While I'm not a huge 'save the animals' person (ie not a damn vegetarian) I don't wear fur anyway. I eat animals because it's what animals have done for millions of years and is the natural order of things. Wearing an animal's skin isn't natural in this day and age, and so I don't see why anyone would want to, knowing the cruelty that went into it and the fact that it's just not necessary.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
if the peta guys hate it... why do they film it instead of stop it
I personally would vomit if I'd see this for real, but hey that's just me
Thats just plain wrong, i was never really for furs anyway, but man thats re-enforced it now. How could anyone sleep at night knowing that they'd skinned an animal alive. Not nice man.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Oh come on

Seriously, I wish that I could have a **** load of sea-otter pelts. Then glue them to an elephant.

As a result I would have thr worlds softest elephant, and it would look like a woolly mammoth, which would be awesome. It would be like laying down on a bed of sweet sweet, guiltless, clouds.
Quote by led,rainsong
im not so sure that the animals were real because the face looked a little fake

but it's still disgusting, you'd think they'd have the decency to at least kill them first

u think that was made up?
u really think those animals were fake?

ridiculous, of course they were real, your brains probly just trying to de-sensitize what ur seeing.

im not a vegetarian, meat is our family tradition, although im a big "save the animals" person and have made quite a few ppl become vegetarians.
Quote by zappp
Quote by sammi-ellen
well, im a member of PETA, i know for a fact that basicaly all the fur industry is like that.

ive seen stuff like this before, didnt stop me crying tho.

Yeah, and PETA are notorious for being mentally stable and not at all sensationalist so I bet their bi-monthly newsletters are just chock-a-block with fair, analytical arguments.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
If it's from PETA, it's also filled with a chockfull of bull****. PETA themselves are one of the most atrocious when it comes to killing animals. And screw PETA's "facts." Most of their facts consist of doctored information, in which they're highly selective in showing people only what they want in order to further their "cause."

PETA does more harm than good, which is sad.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Yakult
Yeah, and PETA are notorious for being mentally stable and not at all sensationalist so I bet their bi-monthly newsletters are just chock-a-block with fair, analytical arguments.

+1

Dear PETA member,

Please explain how you justified killing and dumping cats, kitten, puppies, and dogs in a dumpster behind a supermarket. Not only did you promise the shelters that you would find homes for these animals, you also performed these horrible atrocities in the back of a van using stolen equipment being handled by untrained users.

I've got more things I'd love you to explain, so feel free to answer/tell me I'm a dumbass.
First of all, contrary to what you PETA fanboys may believe, skinning animals alive isn't common practice in the fur/leather industry. The occasional nutcase decides it would be fun, PETA gets hold of the film, and voila! Their stupid campain continues to pollute the media.

You can't exactly ask the animal to donate its skin either. But I'm not gonna give up my leather jacket, leather belt and leather covered extremely comfortable "executive-style" chair, just so some cow can eat grass, moo and shit all day.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by sammi-ellen
well, im a member of PETA

Congratulations for funding the biggest domestic animal extermination operation in the western world.

PETA are fucking hypocrites, guilt-tripping you out of your money in order to further their own agenda, which has nothing to do with the humane treatment of animals.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Sure that was on the news a while ago. Terrible, but not huuuuuugely shocking.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
That was honestly the most horrific thing I have ever seen. Ive seen some people do horrible stuff to other people, but with animals its just different, I cant explain it, I was close to tears watching it.

After watching that, Im giving vegeterianism another go.

Humans ruin everything good about this planet.
Quote by numinis
if the peta guys hate it... why do they film it instead of stop it
I personally would vomit if I'd see this for real, but hey that's just me

the ppl who film it dont often work for PETA, but if they do, they have to do it undercover, they can just come out and say
"oh dont mind me im just filming for PETA"

the ppl there would probly kill them. its dangerous stuff.
PETA is doing everything to stop it, but un fortunatly, a lot of the cruelty that goes on is happenig in countries where there isnt legislation against animal cruelty,
so PETA just cant barge on in there and start shutting things down and releasing all the animals because then they would be the ones going to jail.

these places are like normal operating business in those countries so its hard for an outside organization to stop it.

u need to start gathering numbers, and support, and then wen u have that, and the exposure to teh situation, u can then apply pressure to the governments and the UN to start doing something about it.

thats how u stop it.
Quote by zappp
Quote by jim_stewart89
That was honestly the most horrific thing I have ever seen. Ive seen some people do horrible stuff to other people, but with animals its just different, I cant explain it, I was close to tears watching it.

After watching that, Im giving vegeterianism another go.

Humans ruin everything good about this planet.

....Answer my question...

And Mad-Marius, I love your avatar. One of the best shows I've ever seen
Quote by evilgerbil666

What question? I didnt see one directed to me.
Yeah, right. Sure, 100% of fur industry skins the animals alive.

I think the mentality is this: Stick some "facts" there, and put a shocking, albeit not-that-related video next to it.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by evilgerbil666

Funny you should mention that, because they actually have a show about PETA. Turns out, they kill most of the animals they rescue, and their vice-president is a diabetic and every once in a while she get shots of... *drums* ... insulin! Oopsie!
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Wait...is this going to be shocking?

I wasn't sure, you know, after reading that post...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
It's a video from PETA, and therefore has no credibility. I'm convinced that they make these videos on their own just in attempt to make people actually give a damn about animal rights.

Apparently most of you are gullible enough to fall for it.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Fur industry is fine assuming the animals are treated humanely. Clearly they're not in this (or probably most) case(s).

On a side note, everyone in PETA is a retard.
I'm not gonna watch the video just because I have no desire to see an animal skinned alive. I'm not an animal rights activist or anything, I love a good steak as much as the next person, my belt's made out of leather, but I don't think it's necessary to wear animal fur as clothing. It's basically just another ****ty fashion statement: "Hey guys! Look at me! I killed a poor defenseless animal just so I could wear its skin! I'm cool, right?!"

There's not really anything you can do to stop it though, as much as PETA would like you to believe.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Mad Marius
Funny you should mention that, because they actually have a show about PETA. Turns out, they kill most of the animals they rescue, and their vice-president is a diabetic and every once in a while she get shots of... *drums* ... insulin! Oopsie!

Every once in a while being... well, daily, at least

They're totally against the use of animals in anything.... oh, unless it benefits them.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Meths
Fur industry is fine assuming the animals are treated humanely. Clearly they're not in this (or probably most) case(s).

On a side note, everyone in PETA is a retard.

from the reactions to this thread, u could just as easily say that all UGer's are retards.

grow up
Quote by zappp
I watched ten seconds in and could watch no further. i hate people that just show blatant cruelty towards animals. To me, i don't see the fur as the problem, it's the methods they have of doing it. I don't mind seeing people in crocodile leather, or in fur jackets, but once I see this kind of thing happen in videos like you've just shown, I can't stop thinking about what the poor animal went through. Those animals were violently beaten, kicked around, some dead, some not, Then skinned. Humanity at it's very lowest.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG