I recall that the GT-8 has a feature allowing you to use two patches, and having them react differently depending on your pick attack. Would it be possible to simulate tube dynamics by setting up two similar patches, the only difference being the amount of gain and perhaps some other minor things such as a slight EQ difference? I don't know much about tube amps, the only ones I've ever played were a 6505 and a Crate V32. However, I played on them about a year and a half into my guitar playing, and I wasn't really aware of the control your attack had on the sound. I've only heard of this... anyway... would this patch setup be similar to playing a tube amp?

Please don't say no, and the only way to get tube dynamic control is to buy a tube amp, I'm not looking for that type of setup. I want something I can use for bedroom practice/recording/band practice until I can afford 2 or 3 tube amps that'll give me the sounds I'm looking for. I play a WIDE variety of music, from metal to classic rock, clean stuff, acoustic songs, a handful of blues riffs and such, etc. I can't go buy a dual recto, a JCM800, and whatever else I want. I'm looking for a used one to save money as it is... I was just wondering how this type of patch setup would compare to playing on an actual tube amp. TIA!
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

52 views and nobody even has a clue?
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

PM "TwoString" and check his Boss GT-8 thread. If anyone on the forum would know, it'd be him, and if he doesn't know I'm sure he can link you to someone who does.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
i dont know much about/never tried the gt8 but it shouldnt sound TOO bad just dont expect too much from it....as for which two, just mess about with them. the more you mess about with it the more possibilities are open to you.
You don't really have to do much. An amp sim plus the Tone Modify effect on the unit is pretty much all the "dynamics" you need. The Tone Modify is the key to getting good amp sounds out of the GT-8, and it's well worth giving up an FX slot on the unit to use it.