thinkin bout gettin a standard Epi LP, they any good for playing metal?

and what r the cleans like too?
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
it's good for any genre...

and yeah.. the cleans arent as good as the strat ones... if you're in blues too you'll love it
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Its an LP you can play anything with it. Im sure everybody will tell you it needs new pickups right away. I have one when I want more distortion I boost the signal with a pedal. Or set it up so I can play with the volume down a little then crank it up when I want more.
I'd say they're good for playing metal. LPs, in my opinion, have one of the largest sound ranges of any guitar I've heard. on a 2 pick up LP, the Treble pick up can get you just about anywhere from scratchy to a pseudo-Strat sound, just not to the "twang" extent of a Strat. The Rhythm pick up can get you anywhere fro,m a deep grinding sound to a low almost liquid rolling sound. So yes I'd say they're good for metal and just about anything else you could ever want to play.

Played clean the sound on the treble is a crisp warm sound and on the rhythm its a soft almost velvety tone.

Basically a great all around guitar. But I'm a little biased because I own a Epiphone Les Paul. And let me tell you, at first, a Les Paul was what I wanted to steer away form when I got my first real serious guitar, picked it up, played it and fell in love. But enough rambling, Yes you can play metal quite well along with any other type of music.
yes it can. I own one and play pantera, trivium, arch enemy, etc on it just fine. It has alot more to do with your amp though... the stock pickups are just fine imo, but i would def try one out before you buy.
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
Love it.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.