hello people well my uncle just got me an epiphone les paul today its a beaut but the problem is i do not know how to put the strings in the dang thing i have never used one of these type of guitars before it has three allen screws at the top strings already came attached to the guitar so what do i do to change them i tryed to also tune it and it will not go up or down on my tuner im thinking the strings are locked down by them allen screws but i want to make a 100 percent sure please let me know what to do.
Pics?
Sounds like you have a locking nut which is odd for a les paul.
You have to unlock them using some allen keys.

Is it like this by any chance?

I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
It's called a locking nut. Don't know why an Epi Les Paul would have one, but that's what it sounds like. Loosen the screws a little, and you'll be able to tune it.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Last edited by DagMX at Nov 13, 2007,
see i dont know that much about guitars i am just starting on them sorry i though it was an epiphone now is cort a good brand?
yeah, just follow the youtube video I posted. Good luck btw, you'll hate your guitar till you learn how to tune a floyd.
And thats one weird looking floyd...

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Is that a Kahler or something? Does NOT look like a normal Floyd Rose to me. I'm guessing this is second hand too?
Quote by CorkManson666
what is a second hand lol

Second hand means that somebody owned the guitar before you did. Second hand=you're the second person to own it, third hand=third person

That is pretty much a dead cert to be a Kahler trem, which also kind of makes sense for an LP-type body.

In short, that's a really nice guitar, I'm guessing it's about 20 years old?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com