[I still have other things to buy though]...wat do u guys think?
My bro says not to get an amp w/ effects cuz he says it'll blow up reall quick.

**Remember limited budget!!!!**
Last edited by ScreaminSavior at Nov 13, 2007,
Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy bottom (10-52)

And as for guitars...mm, a jackson dinky wth EMG pickups.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
i'd think twice before buying a guitar with a trem, they're a pain to set up and wont stay very well in tune if they're poor quality
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Jackson Dk2m I can't stress that guitar enough, it's superb! It has a floyd, great pups and a great neck. Not to mention it's hot as hell!
I Like Cake
its your amp that will contribute to your sound mainly so if your looking for a heavy sound then id consider maybe getting a new amp first.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
I have no idea tbh. All kinda of heavy metal, esepcially thrash, and my main guitar is an epiphone les paul with EMG's when most would argue that an ibanez would be better for me, but i still prefer the paul. So my best advice is to try out a couple of guitars played by a few of your favourite artists. eventually you'll find your ideal guitar
What amp do you have? Most of the sound comes from the amp, not the guitar. If you have a crappy amp, get a better one before you think about a new guitar. If you are good with the sound of your amp, however, then I strongly suggest a Jackson DKMG for metal. It's great quality, and EMG's are awesome for what you need them for.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.