Hi all. For a long time my main guitar for college, band practice and gigs is a epiphone les paul standard (with EMG's). I love the guitar, it feels natural to play.

But, the upper fret access, especially when stood up isn't that great. I'm thinking of getting a G400 or and explorer. But i've heared that these guitars have neck dive. So i'm asking if anyone knows how bad the neck dive on either guitar is.

thanks in advance
not nearly as bad as some people say it is. Just get a strap that grips well (ie leather) and it'll be fine.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I can't say too much about the Exlporer, I've never played the Epiphone model, but Seeings how it's got that big ol' body, I would think it would be even less severe than the SG.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
A rule of thumb is the closer the strap buttn is to the 12th fret, the better the guitar will balance
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
[quote="'']Yea thats a good rule. but the thing that confuses me is that the explorer has a huge body. Also the sg has the button on the neck joint. I'll just have to take strap to the shop with me

Thanks for the input
Don't think of it so much as the body is big.. Its more about the torque. The body is big, but it doesn't necessarily mean its helping the neck pull up.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350