Ok so last week I ordered a Sony Bravia 40" TV from Circuitcity.com to have it delivered. So for the pst week they were calling every other day to confirm the delivery. Then, on the day of delivery (yesterday) I get up at 7:30 in the morning so I can get stuff set up for the TV after going to sleep at 2:00 AM. I call Circuit City and ask if the delivery is coming. They say yes it will be there in a few hours. I start cleaning up and two hours later I get a call, "Oh you're TV is not in stock." I asked them how they can plan things and even tell me an hour before that they will bring it then not have it in stock. So they say it was a mistake and they say we'll bring it tomorrow at 3:00. I said ok, but not any earlier. They say yes they'll call at 2:00 and someone will come at 3:00.
So today I go out from 12:00 until 3:00. When I get back I get a message saying, "Hello? Heelllllo? Anybody there? We have your TV? Are you there? Heeelllllooooo?" It says that I got that call at 2:00. I then had another message from 2:15 saying that circuit city sent out a delivery man who came to the door at 2:00 and when no one was there he left. I called back and they said oops that was another mistake.
Now I'm debating whether or not to cancel the order and buy from Best Buy or just keep waiting. I got such a good price on that though!!!!

Any other terrible stories about Circuit City? Or am I the only one who hates them?
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Circuit City is ass-ramming you, dude. Go elsewhere.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by thewho65
They charge too much for CD's.

^11111
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by SteveHouse
Circuit City is ass-ramming you, dude. Go elsewhere.

I would if I could. The TV is normally $2,000 but I got it on sale for $1,600.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Quote by StrokeMidnight
I would if I could. The TV is normally $2,000 but I got it on sale for $1,600.

<.<
>.>

Great American Consumerism Day cometh. (the Friday after Turkey Day) You can probably find it cheap then too. Otherwise... Damn.

(I couldn't afford either price tag.)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I have always had much better experiences with Circuit City than Best Buy. As a retail person myself, I am regularly disgusted by Best Buy's sales practice.

BTW, everyone overcharges for CDs. This is the record companies' fault, not the retalers.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
I have always had much better experiences with Circuit City than Best Buy. As a retail person myself, I am regularly disgusted by Best Buy's sales practice.

BTW, everyone overcharges for CDs. This is the record companies' fault, not the retalers.

I don't know why, but I always have a sneaking suspicion that they charge $.25 more or something. I know that sounds silly.
I.....aquire games from them. such as Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. ='/ other than that, nope.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by SteveHouse
<.<
>.>

Great American Consumerism Day cometh. (the Friday after Turkey Day) You can probably find it cheap then too. Otherwise... Damn.

(I couldn't afford either price tag.)

Neither can I!
delete
Guitar:
Floyd Rose discovery series 3 (with speed loader bridge)
Gibson Les paul studio
Pedals:
Zoom G2.1U pedal
Amps:
vox valvetronix 50 watt
Dean "stack in a box" headphone amp
Last edited by unforgiven_hope at Sep 7, 2017,
Quote by thewho65
They charge too much for CD's.

you think so? i thought their prices were decent on cds. pretty much better than any other place, at least in my area.
Well so far a great experience for me.

I bought Half-Life 2 for 4.99, NEW. Used it's usually $12.99

It's a mature rated game, and since I'm not 17 yet (4 more months, yay) they are required to card you. They didn't even ask. At Best Buy you now have to be 18 to buy an M rated game even though it's 17+. Jack Thompson is a ****ing prick.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Last edited by thrashfan at Nov 13, 2007,
Just got my new 80gb zune from their, the place was a mes, I had to ask someone to get me one from the back because they didn't have any up front.
MySpace
Quote by syyz1
You're right, I mean, I can imagine eating children, but listening to good music seems a little too much. You, Iruleeverything, are the master of torture.
That's kind of like Rockabilia, except with t-shirts and not TVs. You order your shirts and some of them come, but there is a note saying some of them are back-ordered and are not in stock. If it's not in stock, why did you let me order it and take my money? All of my shirts but one have come in and I ordered them about two months ago.

Did you ask for your money back? That sucks balls if they won't give you your money back. What a bunch of dumb asses.
don't ever go back to the store if something breaks and you have an extended warranty through circuit city. i got this set of hadphones, one side went out, and we go back to the store. now keep in mind, my dad calls the place and asks the people if we can return them to the store. the guy says yes, and the girl at the customer service desk says, no we can't take them anymore, you have to send them to the extended warranty place. three weeks later, i get a gift card in the mail for circuit city with a letter pretty much saying "yeah they're broken, now go see if you can find the same ones."
Quote by sadSTATUE
don't ever go back to the store if something breaks and you have an extended warranty through circuit city. i got this set of hadphones, one side went out, and we go back to the store. now keep in mind, my dad calls the place and asks the people if we can return them to the store. the guy says yes, and the girl at the customer service desk says, no we can't take them anymore, you have to send them to the extended warranty place. three weeks later, i get a gift card in the mail for circuit city with a letter pretty much saying "yeah they're broken, now go see if you can find the same ones."

Are you serious? They didn't even give you another pair of headphones? That's crap. They should at least have given you your money back instead of a gift card that made you have to go back to the shitty store.
Quote by IronMaiden5
Are you serious? They didn't even give you another pair of headphones? That's crap. They should at least have given you your money back instead of a gift card that made you have to go back to the shitty store.
dead serious, dude. nice avatar by the way
Quote by sadSTATUE
dead serious, dude. nice avatar by the way

That's crap.
Nice avatar to you as well.