now i know 90% of you would say jsx, but i know i couldnt get a brand new one for christmas, id have to go used, i dont really care if its new or not

i recently heard about the supersonic, theres one at my music shop, and im going to try it out soon

i heard mixed responses,

some say the gain sucks, some say its perfect
i also heard its very loud

i will be using this in my room, but also bring it to my friends house when we practice and jam

i play blues, jam band stuff, and lead guitar oriented music (satch, vai, etc.) so i would need a nice blues tone and then a scorching lead tone

i know the jsx is most likely better, but would the supersonic be a cheaper choice?
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
The Supersonic is like a cross between a '66 Bassman and a Hot Rod. If you like those amps then you'd probably like the Supersonic.
The Supersonic is different than other Fender amps, I think, in a good way.

You have two voices on the clean channel, a bright Vibrolux sound and a darker Bassman tone. The gain channel is much more aggressive than the Hot Rod. It has a deeper throat to it, if that makes sense to you. And at 60W, it's plenty powerful for anything you'd be looking to do. maybe too powerful. Or not, if you're looking at the JSX, too.

I think you might like the Fender better for your blues/jam band stuff, and find the lead channel to be better than you expected for your Satch stuff. Definitely worth a go.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i know both are quite poweful, and i havent tried either, but i know the jsx has a half power switch which would be very helpful

and btw im looking at the combos for both of the amps

i dont need a half stack (yet )
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
jsx over the supersonic - no way! the supersonic has superb tone and plenty of gain. the supersonic sounds like a cheap amp in comparison, IMO. not to mention, the jsx weighs a friggin ton! the supersonic is more versatile than the jsx, and you get a nice little vibrolux clean channel. the bassman channel really rocks, especially at high volumes. the burn channel though is my favorite. just by playing with the eq and gain knobs you can get a variety of tones. it's an awesome friggin amp.
The supersonic is a good amp, and very versatile, but it's distortion tones sound a bit thin IMO, especially when you look at the price tag.

EDIT: IMO HotRods have much fatter more bell like clean tones. Not to say the supersonic is bad, but just a bit thin sounding overall considering how much they charge for them...

Try one out, make sure you crank it.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Last edited by TGM at Nov 13, 2007,
JSX would be a more permanent solution. It is very very VERY versatile. I can nail fender tones as well as your shred lead tones. I love my JSX.

How much is the supersonic?